• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Comments made OFF THE RECORD in Chambers by Judges hearing firearm cases

Edward Peruta

As the legal investigator for Attorney Rachel M. Baird, I have been shocked to learn of recent comments made by Connecticut Superior Court judges OFF THE RECORDin chambers during several firearm related cases pending in CT.

I am also aware of the fact that the recent IN CHAMBER comments may result in motions addressing what was said.

Judges are afraid to put their real reasons for firearm decsions on the record in open court.

The latest incidents involve Judges in New London and Bristol.

Motions may be filed to address and expose this situation.

I will post any activity on this subject.

Edward Peruta

The way judges make decsions and comments made OFF the record

Google this

"Robert Zordan" Judge Elizabeth Gallagher

Judge Elizabeth Gallagherin Litchfield, CT should be commended for her courage in following the law and making the correct decsion.

Judge Gallagher could have easily found some excuse to condone the actions of law enforcement and let the case be appealed to a higher court.

Watch for more on this

Unlike the newly appointed Judgehearing criminal cases in New London, CT who refused to render a decsion.

If we can't get judges to follow the law why should we?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Google this

"Robert Zordan" Judge Elizabeth Gallagher

Judge Elizabeth Gallagherin Litchfield, CT should be commended for her courage in following the law and making the correct decsion.

Judge Gallagher could have easily found some excuse to condone the actions of law enforcement and let the case be appealed to a higher court.

Watch for more on this

Unlike the newly appointed Judgehearing criminal cases in New London, CT who refused to render a decsion.

If we can't get judges to follow the law why should we?

Wasn't the Gallager decision to return the guns based on what folks would call a "technicality"....a mandatory time requirement for the state to do something and they missed the date ... judge had no choice ~ well, had a choice but decided to do the job paid for.

DDoutel

Not in the least bit surprised.

Ed, let's not forget comments made by one Federal Curcuit court judge effectively convicting me knowing nothing except the lies in the police report, months before any trial ever took place... Can you say, "No Justice 2nd Circuit"??