• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting OC Experience in Keene

Riana

Here I am, minding my own business, sitting with my husband and son in the Starbucks on Main Street. I had several things to take care of, as our vacation plans have been drastically altered by a broken-down vehicle, and needed internet access to handle them.

A man came up to me, pointed at my holstered sidearm, and asked rather indignantly, "What is that?"

I replied, "That is my defensive sidearm, sir."

"Well, I'm glad you feel safer, but I don't." he said.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, sir," I said calmly.

The complainer then went immediately (and loudly) went to the staff, demanding they "do something" about me. The staff simply responded that I was well within my rights, and they would do nothing. He told them he didn't feel safe, and another customer piped in that he indeed felt safer with me carrying a sidearm. The complainer then left the store in a huff, hollering that he would never come back to this store, because of the policy.

Later the customer who piped up came by and thanked me for carrying. The staff never made any comment to me. My son did note, however, that the complainer drove off in a car with Massachusetts plates, so that explains a lot. :cool:

Steeler-gal

Here I am, minding my own business, sitting with my husband and son in the Starbucks on Main Street. I had several things to take care of, as our vacation plans have been drastically altered by a broken-down vehicle, and needed internet access to handle them.

A man came up to me, pointed at my holstered sidearm, and asked rather indignantly, "What is that?"

The complainer then went immediately (and loudly) went to the staff, demanding they "do something" about me. The staff simply responded that I was well within my rights, and they would do nothing. He told them he didn't feel safe, and another customer piped in that he indeed felt safer with me carrying a sidearm. The complainer then left the store in a huff, hollering that he would never come back to this store, because of the policy.

Later the customer who piped up came by and thanked me for carrying. The staff never made any comment to me. My son did note, however, that the complainer drove off in a car with Massachusetts plates, so that explains a lot. :cool:

Proud of you, as always :)

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

FreeInAZ

Thanks for posting. +1

Here in AZ we get many folks from the peoples republic of Kommiefornia. They have been brainwashed for decades that only police & criminals have guns. It is always sad to watch these lost souls go into spasms when my family walks by open carrying. Even more sad to see their reaction when the 911 dispatcher tells them that open carry is legal in AZ. :( It's taken generations, and many years for citizens to be fooled into thinking they don't need to protect themselves and that the government will care for them. It will take just as long for the brainwashing to be undone. Keep up the good work people. We are winning, be it slowly. :D

ptrdsmn

For those who don't know. In New Hampshire they are most referred to as "Massholes." I open carry during the hot days of the year up in Concord. No complaints. Been going to the state house around the corner too for the last few 2nd Amd rallies.

Freiheit417

The complainer then left the store in a huff, hollering that he would never come back to this store, because of the policy.

If he thinks Starbucks' policy is outrageous, wait until he finds out that it's the "policy" of New Hampshire...period. :lol:

I recommend that he should instead visit a nice safe state like New Jersey or New York.

Riana - nice job! Carry On!

Jared

Hello ! You're in Keene ... need people say more !

Keene has not had any open carry issues in a long time. Keene PD is WELL aware of open carry and it's not an issue there.

Manchester has some problems from time to time, but I haven't heard anything up there in a while.

I have never had an issue OC'ing in NH.

Riana

For those who don't know. In New Hampshire they are most referred to as "Massholes."

I knew of that particular moniker, but since I'm not a full-time NH resident, I wasn't sure I should use it. ;)

If he thinks Starbucks' policy is outrageous, wait until he finds out that it's the "policy" of New Hampshire...period.

I think I mentioned this very thing to my husband after the complainer left. :cool:

lukaszu

hello from Colorado

Hello from Colorado,
Good job on your professionalism. I would have been tempted to reply with " they have a pill for that"

Maverick9

Not feeling safe, he came up and confronted and baited you. Riiight.

He's lucky you didn't scream 'get AWAY from me, help, he's attempting to infringe me'.

Good story.

325rto

I was born and raised in Taxachusetts. There are plenty of good, non-communist types that live there- why they stay there I don't know why- but they do. I live in North Carolina now. Please don't lump all Massholes as the Kennedy loving types.

F350

People like that have already prepared their "script" and just need you to play your part so they can go on their little rant; so throw them a curve, say something totally off the wall. Like they say "What is that" say "A Popsicle" etc

Many moon ago I lived in a university town known as "The San Francisco of the mid-west". I had hung my jacket over the back of my chair leaving my holstered sidearm visible as I ate lunch. A guy walked over, very light in the loafers and said with the stereotypical lisp "Is that what I think it is?" in a somewhat demanding tone. I said "What, a butt plug? You want to borrow it?" He stood there a couple seconds and then swished away, totally destroyed his planned act.

Last edited:

OC Freedom

Keene has not had any open carry issues in a long time. Keene PD is WELL aware of open carry and it's not an issue there.

Manchester has some problems from time to time, but I haven't heard anything up there in a while.

I have never had an issue OC'ing in NH.

I know nothing of NH, except what I read here and watching the "Ridleyreport" on youtube. The youtube videos do show some issues with LEO's and State Officials, but overall it seems not to bad of a State.

wittmeba

In one sentence it's posted that the Masshole left in a huff, and in another sentence it's posted that he drove off in a car.

Which was it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Is it possible that the "complainer" walked out of the Starbuck's in a huff and got into his vehicle which had Massachusetts plates and drove off?

Just inquiring...