• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

texas police officer FIRED !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onus

The officer who shot and killed the man in Texas was just fired.

Video cameras save the day and bring justice.

Why do I film the police ?

For the truth !!

eye95

It's not spam. It's cop bashing. Keep your rules straight.

stay safe.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

I would say that it is both. I make that claim, on both counts, due to this poster's history (as onus and as CaPatriot) of subjecting us to such a sheer volume of this crap.

If he backed off a bit, his credibility would probably skyrocket.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/25/us/texas-officer-is-fired-over-shooting-caught-on-tape.html?_r=0

Regardless of all of your distaste for onus, you should ALL be thankful that this guy is no longer a police officer, and you should all be happy if he is charged by the grand jury.

What's weird is that this article says the victim is in the hospital.

This is also NOT cop bashing. 1. The person being bashed is not a cop (anymore). 2. doesn't is appear that the department is doing the right thing for firing the guy? and 3. doesn't it appear that the department/DA is doing the right thing by pursuing charges? Sounds like cop praising to me.

Shooter's attorney thinks there's no case. We'll see...
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...hearing-in-shooting-of-mentally-ill-man.html/

Last edited:

wizzi01

How can it be cop bashing if it is true? Get your head out of your behind, some cops do bad things.

HPmatt

What's weird is that this article says the victim is in the hospital.

The mentally-impaired guy was just shot not killed. Videotape contradicts the officers statement that the guy 'lunged at him' - shows the guy just standing there when shot.

Good reminder to always carry a recording device when carrying.

OC for ME

There is a distinct possibility that this incident may end up being nothing more than a employment issue if a grand jury does not find any evidence to warrant charges. If a cop violates department policy on the use of lethal force, a career change may be the only consequence.

davidmcbeth

Banned
There is a distinct possibility that this incident may end up being nothing more than a employment issue if a grand jury does not find any evidence to warrant charges. If a cop violates department policy on the use of lethal force, a career change may be the only consequence.

He may have more than just a career change a-comin..

Don't you think?

77zach

Over at the truth abount guns blog it sounds like it was an execution. If it were you or me I suspect the judge would have signed the warrant

mikeyb

The officer who shot and killed the man in Texas was just fired.

Video cameras save the day and bring justice.

Why do I film the police ?

For the truth !!

Accuracy helps. The victim was not killed.

Why do people have such a hard time fumbling around a 200-word article (if that)? Over on TTAG the same thing happened.

OC for ME

It is a wonder to me that a victim not assuming room temperature at the hands of a state agent mitigates the severity of that state agent and the acts he committed in the name of the state. From a legal standpoint, the officer will likely receive a misdemeanor charge in the absolute worst case and retraining with a sternly worded Postit note in his personnel file. A cop only needs to verbalize fear, after the fact, to be absolved, for all practical purposes, of all unlawful behavior.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When there is a regular and concentrated effort to find and highlight LEO in a bad light, then such will be defined as cop bashing - OCDO is not Copwatch.

The OP does contain spam - there is no need to include a commercial link when referencing commonly understood equipment, the link was not created by skimword.

Locking it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When there is a regular and concentrated effort to find and highlight LEO in a bad light, then such will be defined as cop bashing - OCDO is not Copwatch.

The OP does contain spam - there is no need to include a commercial link when referencing commonly understood equipment, the link was not created by skimword.

Locking it.

Received a PM that the phrase "Video cameras" was indeed showing as a skimlink for the user, which it did not for me. Strangely, the phrase is not a link of any type now. If the OP did not intend to spam, he has my apology.

Nevertheless, the lock will remain based on "regular & concentrated effort" from bolded quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.