• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Associated Press - California legislature rejects bill to ban open

Michael

OC in California

Keep fighting folks, Unloaded OC is usless, and it needs to be changed to "Shall Carry" LOADED. I personally would like to see a National OC law and if you choose to carry concealed then you can have a National CCW permit as well. No odd ball wording from state to state,, no need to learn 50 different laws on firearms.. make them all the same Nation wide.

K

kittyhawk63

Today is a great day for the People of California. Despite the best efforts of Assemblywoman Lori Saldana and the dirty political tricks used by her cronies in the Senate, AB 1934 was killed on the Assembly floor by the efforts of Republican Assemblyman Chuck DeVore. It's good to see that we still have a few politicians here in California who take their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution seriously!!!

It's still too close to relax. In fact, we can never relax until we have turned the American people to our support and realize that our fight is their fight. These unConstitutionalist warthogs never stop trying. There definitely needs to be a house cleaning in the Senate of the anti-gunners. In fact, in both houses. We need some judicial ammo to clear them out. Our problem is too many libtards hold seats in the courts of our state and our nation.

Last edited:
K

kittyhawk63

God Bless all open carry supporters in California!! Congratulations on the victory.

Now is not the time to rest. Get active and let's make California a shall issue concealed carry state and change unloaded to loaded open carry!

We just fought an open carry assault here in Topeka, KS in June and won! We need to stick together nation wide.

California is special to me because I was stationed at Camp Pendleton from 1984-1988. Best time of my life.

Great Job!

Marine0300

I was a Navy corpsman stationed at Camp Pendelton (San Mateo camp) 1963-64. I really liked it, too. Second best tour...next to being aboard the U.S. Kitty Hawk CVA-63.

K

kittyhawk63

Hey right on Cool, but lets just remind her that she was wrong to take this issue on the way she did.

May I say, she was wrong to take this issue on at all, as well as all those who voted in favor of her bill.

Last edited:
K

kittyhawk63

Keep fighting folks, Unloaded OC is usless, and it needs to be changed to "Shall Carry" LOADED. I personally would like to see a National OC law and if you choose to carry concealed then you can have a National CCW permit as well. No odd ball wording from state to state,, no need to learn 50 different laws on firearms.. make them all the same Nation wide.

Hear, hear!

zhangman

I couldn't agree more about a National OC or CC licensing. Fortunately, I live at the present in Georgia and there isn't a prevalent problem here. Most LEOS agree with a sane individual carrying a legal weapon.

All I can say further is everyone should not abuse what we have and work toward enhancing our benefits.

Calstud29

I promise I'm not a SmartAss.

YA! Congratulations great victory for CA and for the rest of the U.S.

Kick ass quote, so I looked it up. It's Noah Webster, not Daniel Webster. They were contemporaries but Daniel was a politician and Noah was a prolific political writer. Bitchinest quote I've read in weeks, if not months. Thanks.

Calstud29

Not to sound like a Bitch. But,

“It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters -Daniel Webster

This quote was so frickin' killer, I looked it up. Actually Noah Webster, not Daniel Webster. They were 19th century American contemporaries, however, Daniel was a politician and Noah was a prolific political author. Only making the correction because that is the bitchinest quote I've read in weeks, if not months. I'm going to tatoo it on my forhead. Thanks.