• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Luger Holster

77zach

Yes, it may get you arrested. Don't care. Will I be convicted/ Loose CWFL?

As I read the law, it is completely legal.

Let's discuss.

maps761

Yes, it may get you arrested. Don't care. Will I be convicted/ Loose CWFL?

As I read the law, it is completely legal.

Let's discuss.

We could do a trial run. Have about 100 of us show up with Luger Holsters, but with squirt guns!

Rick H

We could do a trial run. Have about 100 of us show up with Luger Holsters, but with squirt guns!
I'm in where do we sign up. lets get this party started.

Section 790.06 (1), Florida Statutes, defines concealed weapons or firearms as those carried in a manner that conceals them from the ordinary sight of another person. This includes:

handguns
electronic weapons or devices
tear gas guns
knives
billies
This says nowhere about the holster of such item and if the gun is inside, it is not visible to the ordinary sight. thus making it legal.
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/about.html

Last edited:

77zach

I don't see an issue. This is legal. I say we get the holsters and do OC lunches/picnics throughout the state, with appropriate talking points about our RIGHTS handy. Invite the media, the whole 9 yards.

Rick H

Also lets look at the 4th amendment of the Constitution, just because they see a holster doesn't mean they can NOT look to see if we have a gun in it. and if they need to then is was out of ordinary sight thus concealed.

Last edited:

77zach

Sometimes you'll hear from CCW instructors "they can't know that you have a gun".

1. That's not what the law actually says
2. There could be anything in the holster

Rick H

I do believe that his is 100% legal because shape has nothing to do with anything, Women carry purses and they are not in violation so this would and could be construed as the same.
It is a concealed compartment extended to ones body. Making it legal

77zach

I do believe that his is 100% legal because shape has nothing to do with anything, Women carry purses and they are not in violation so this would and could be construed as the same.
It is a concealed compartment extended to ones body. Making it legal

I concur.

The only reason there is any doubt is because it's on our hip. Which, of course, is irrelevant!

Terminal Velocity

Rick H

Terminal Velocity

Here is a holster that looks like it would also work for our purpose.

http://www.stealthdefenseholsters.com/holsters.html

holsters~~element80.jpg

holsters~~element83.jpg

holsters~~element84.jpg

Terminal Velocity

Nope i'm carrying a gun

Then the oppressors will pop you...

I'm not talking about the Luger type holster in this instance, with the cell phone, I'm talking about a hard case vacuumed formed holster that obviously looks like a gun holster, but in its stead you are carrying a cell phone.

I hope I'm getting my thoughts across ;)