• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If concealed carry bill passes...

Gunslinger

I can't believe the people of IL voted this ******* pile of **** back in. Him and that CS daley, two of a kind. The only state in the union, soon, once WI passes its Shall Issue law, that keeps its citizens defenseless. Of course, the thugs in the Chicago police force will protect you--if the price is right. This used to be a decent state, even when Richard J was running Chicago, the rest of the state was good. ******* ******** like quinn are what's left.

Last edited:

jayspapa

The people of Illinois you speak of were in only 3 counties . One on the far South end of the state ( won by 122 votes ) , a second one near the " Gateway to the West " ( won by almost 1,400 votes ) , and the third was , of course , in the Northeast part of the state ( where he won by roughly 488,000 votes ) .

This is why we have a hard time making progress in this state.

We haven't given up on this fight yet . Anyone reading this should e-mail and call their reps and Quinn also. Make the contacts and let them know you want them to support right to carry bill HB148.

Gunslinger

The people of Illinois you speak of were in only 3 counties . One on the far South end of the state ( won by 122 votes ) , a second one near the " Gateway to the West " ( won by almost 1,400 votes ) , and the third was , of course , in the Northeast part of the state ( where he won by roughly 488,000 votes ) .

This is why we have a hard time making progress in this state.

We haven't given up on this fight yet . Anyone reading this should e-mail and call their reps and Quinn also. Make the contacts and let them know you want them to support right to carry bill HB148.

I know. I was born and raised in the 'burbs; grew up in DuPage County. He sure didn't carry that county.

templar223

Will you have enough votes to override a veto? Your gov is going to veto it-

http://www.wbez.org/story/quinn-thr...ry-bill-if-general-assembly-approves-it-86011

Well, as this bill pre-empts home-rule powers here in IL, we need a 60% margin to pass it.

That happens to be the margin needed to over-ride a governor's veto.

So, to pass the bill we need a veto-proof majority.

The question is, as I posted in another thread a minute ago, whether or not the Gov. can co-opt enough votes to sustain his veto.

There's going to be enormous pressure put on some Democrat legislators, but the downstate Dems want this badly as their constituents are very pissed at the tax hike, gay marriage, death penalty abolition and similar votes in the last few months.

The governor wants the legislative OK to borrow to pay the bills and right now all the Republicans are against this and the downstate Dems have made noises that they are going to play hardball on that if RTC isn't approved.

You do the math.

Yes, I know it's fuzzy math.

John