• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy fourth...

Nevada carrier

Not many things that scream, "I'm American" like these two. Well, except that the gun was made in Brazil. But still...
americanasapplepie.jpg

varminter22

Quote from John Adams, 1776 — letter to Abigail Adams
It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more. You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Absolutely, it is a day to celebrate our great country. Hopefully not with the gun and the beer at the same time...lol

28kfps

To late however sure would have been a great opportunity to have a group of open carry at the parade today. May be next year we can get a group, get an entry, and walk the parade with guns and flags.

28kfps

Not many things that scream, "I'm American" like these two. Well, except that the gun was made in Brazil. But still...
americanasapplepie.jpg

Quote from John Adams, 1776 — letter to Abigail Adams

It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more. You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not.

I like a good beer however, I believe to better reflect the first sentence a gun and bible would have been a better portrayal.

Last edited:

wrightme

Was at the shooting range today. Practiced marksmanship with various pistols and the AR-15.

Ate hotdog and hamburger, and enjoyed.

Hot, the shade was useful.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
ROFL! Nope, but now that you mention it.....

Pistols and rifle at range.

Ate hamburger, and enjoyed.

Hot, shade was useful.

:lol:

Haikus are 5,7,5...lol

Try this one.

Shooting guns at range
Ate hamburger and enjoyed
Hot, shade was useful