• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

whats your bug

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
This is true, this is why it all depends on the day, and situation. Sometimes I carry a BUG, sometimes I don't, sometimes I OC the BUG, but I usually CC it. I have around 6 different pistols and revolvers that I use for a BUG. Only 3 that I use regularly for a primary, 1 of which is used 95% of the time. I also have a couple purely for the range, and of course the Michigan Pistol for HD.

Just goes to show OC is so much more convenient. I usually OC the same pistol 95% of the time, the other time I OC, I carry a specific revolver. When I know I am going to be CCing a primary, I CC 1 of 2 pistols. Now comes the problem with true CC, convenience, in order to do so "comfortably", you must own several different pistol/revolvers. I hate hearing the statement by CC'rs, "you dress around your firearm", I am sorry but that is dumb. I am going to dress how I want, and I am not going to take the time out of my day to change clothes, if I deiced I am going somewhere, that I decide I want to carry a firearm, or a different firearm. Many people who get their CPL, decide not to carry on a daily basis, because they get it in their head in their CPL class, "you [have to] dress around your firearm", and they are not willing to make the commitment, and don't have the money to buy new clothes, RIDICULES! We need to change this MYTH!

I hated it when, while walking, I was stopped by the GR cop in January; I had to show cpl and DL as I was carrying my p-64 as a bug.

I agree with your statement of OC being an advantage... the larger the pistol the more I think OC is advantageous. I have 2 acquaintances who, although they have a CPL, very rarely carry in the summer because the pistols are too large/ uncomfortable (at least to them). I pity the poor souls who live in Florida, who wear shorts and shirt probably 90% of the year who must CC (only "momentary" OC, or some other very limited exceptions allowed).

B

Bikenut

I firmly believe in the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle hence I like Glocks because they are immediately ready to use.

So... keeping in line with KISS... I open carry a G26 always on my right hip so I know where it is because that is where it always is...

Also keeping KISS in mind... my bug in my jeans pocket is also a G26 because I don't have to do any thinking about how to use it since it is the same as the other, OC'd, gun and they both work the same.

But about that "dressing around the gun" thing..............

Again... keeping in line with KISS ....... my wardrobe consists of many black button up shirts and many black jeans.... nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDinDetroit

I firmly believe in the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle hence I like Glocks because they are immediately ready to use.

So... keeping in line with KISS... I open carry a G26 always on my right hip so I know where it is because that is where it always is...

Also keeping KISS in mind... my bug in my jeans pocket is also a G26 because I don't have to do any thinking about how to use it since it is the same as the other, OC'd, gun and they both work the same.

But about that "dressing around the gun" thing..............

Again... keeping in line with KISS ....... my wardrobe consists of many black button up shirts and many black jeans.... nothing else.

M&P 9 for EDC, M&P 9c for BUG. Basically same firearm, same rounds, same magazines. One breaks, the other can be used with the same equipment.

Two is One, One is None... Murphy's Law Applies...

scot623

I too stopped carrying a bug because of the disclosure requirement. I sold my LCP, just bit too hard when firing. I'll consider a new CC piece soon for when CC is a must.

PDinDetroit

I too stopped carrying a bug because of the disclosure requirement. I sold my LCP, just bit too hard when firing. I'll consider a new CC piece soon for when CC is a must.

Let me know, we can go shoot my Ruger LCR 38 Special (with Hogue Recoil Tamer Grip), my Sig P238 .380 ACP, and my S&W M&P 9c. These are my primary BUGs/CC.