• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri open carry association

mspgunner

Then perhaps the line of thinking should evolve from, "we are the real reps of MO Open Carry...we do the most, the best...to, "It is now time to unite. Let's concentrate our efforts to unite our groups (retaining autonomy in a practical sense) but creating "THE" umbrella organization.
To put it succinctly...it's time to grow up into a united voice...a united movement
One Organization with geographic chapters.
Quarterly meetings with reps from each chapter
Annual convention
suspend all local, individual efforts and focus entirely on organizing a State Association

Unite "YES". This seems to be a good place to communicate. Legislative ideas, YOU CAN POST IDEAS ON A PUBLIC SITE, PLAN OF ACTION -> NEVER ON A PUBLIC SITE!
It just tells the bad guys what you are up to, and trust me this site is monitored by those who are not pro-OC.
Not I nor you nor anyone here know who the person who wants to "organize" the other site is, their knowledge or skills, motivation or character.

The pro-2A folks here know there are people from this site whoare actually "doing" things to get changes related to OC.

No we do not post our plans, discussions with who ever or much else. Subscribe to the news letter the group produces, there the"story" will come out in facts and sunstance, when the time is appropriate.
It's not "me", it's not "him" or "her", it is a group of good people who have evrything "we" can to get changes in Missouri.

If some one wants another discussion site, go for it, I see little to be gained when there is a wealth of the best people in Missouri here on this site exchanging thoughs and ideas,

They may want to make a case for whjy another Missouri OC site would help? Many of us belong to multiple forums and spend many hours each week on OC ideas and progress.

I personally have no "extra" time for duplication. The people working on OC rights.... up to them. The "chat" here is some times productive and can be used for the cause.

The whinning and complaining... maybe its a feel good thing. Welcome new folks who want to learn, sohighlyunlikely taught me alot and got myself and otherrs to become very pro-OC and take the ideas to where they "need" to go. That is well beyond cyber space, to the land where changes need to be made.

Every day is another work day for OC rights, every day we work on it. Success or fail... we'll know soon enough! Count the days.

Moca Open Carry

whats your deal

my name in kyle idk what your deal is yes we are young and new to your site i may only be 21 but i work to jobs plus stuff for moca and you want to be a **** its because of open carry.org i started to open carry but its ppl like you why all goups will never be able to jion as one and be one vioce cuz of the high and mighty ppl instead of trying to help us you tear us down real good team work we all want the same thing so why not work together as one

--Moderator Edited--
Warning - Serious violation of conduct - repeat will not be tolerated

mspgunner

my name in kyle idk what your deal is yes we are young and new to your site i may only be 21 but i work to jobs plus stuff for moca and you want to be a dick its because of open carry.org i started to open carry but its ppl like you why all goups will never be able to jion as one and be one vioce cuz of the high and mighty ppl instead of trying to help us you tear us down real good team work we all want the same thing so why not work together as one

First of all you called me a "Dick" and I have reported you to the moderator.

Second, why do you think you, your group is the "One" to address OC in MO?

I and my "group" have been working in ways I cannot tell you to get OC rights in Missouri.

You can do what ever you want, I hope you don't mess up what so many have wroked so hard to gain.

I have nothing against you or you group, however you (nor I) do not represent the open carry movement in Missouri. You came up with a name and I suppose "want to be" the OC clearing house.

Cool, go for it. I never called you a name nor denied anything (although I have no idea what you are about) you have tried to do, if anything besides "organize".

NO SIR YOUNG MAN, YOU ARE NOT THE "VOICE" OF THE OPEN CARRY MOVEMENT IN MISSOURI, YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO MAY BE TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, BUT YOU BETTER KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, KNOW HOW TO DO IT AND BE ABLE TO WORK WITH THE POWERS THAT REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, if you even know who they are?

PM SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mspgunner

I hate when people can't use punctuation and type on forums in text style speech.....

And they want to "take the lead" in open carry issues.
Like, kinda, sorta cool.... That would go over well in an address. Duh, golly gee whiz...

Really, I, we, everyone can work together on 2A issues and this forum is a great place to post ideas and real life encounters.
It is not, and no public forum is the right place to post plans confidential discussions or negotiations with the powers that are.

I just don't see a need for another "forum". I belong to 4 2A forums in Missouri, enough time spent reading forums. Many of the forums are the same people and many posts are duplicates.
There are some very knowledgeable people here and on the other forums and certainly Private messages are the very useful to these folks.

lincomores

Unite "YES". This seems to be a good place to communicate. Legislative ideas, YOU CAN POST IDEAS ON A PUBLIC SITE, PLAN OF ACTION -> NEVER ON A PUBLIC SITE!
It just tells the bad guys what you are up to, and trust me this site is monitored by those who are not pro-OC.
Not I nor you nor anyone here know who the person who wants to "organize" the other site is, their knowledge or skills, motivation or character.

The pro-2A folks here know there are people from this site whoare actually "doing" things to get changes related to OC.

No we do not post our plans, discussions with who ever or much else. Subscribe to the news letter the group produces, there the"story" will come out in facts and sunstance, when the time is appropriate.
It's not "me", it's not "him" or "her", it is a group of good people who have evrything "we" can to get changes in Missouri.

If some one wants another discussion site, go for it, I see little to be gained when there is a wealth of the best people in Missouri here on this site exchanging thoughs and ideas,

They may want to make a case for whjy another Missouri OC site would help? Many of us belong to multiple forums and spend many hours each week on OC ideas and progress.

I personally have no "extra" time for duplication. The people working on OC rights.... up to them. The "chat" here is some times productive and can be used for the cause.

The whinning and complaining... maybe its a feel good thing. Welcome new folks who want to learn, sohighlyunlikely taught me alot and got myself and otherrs to become very pro-OC and take the ideas to where they "need" to go. That is well beyond cyber space, to the land where changes need to be made.

Every day is another work day for OC rights, every day we work on it. Success or fail... we'll know soon enough! Count the days.

I think you missed my entire point...but it's ok.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcoming new users/posters to this site is a good thing. Pulling together is even better.

A public argument about personalities is not what OCDO is about or will tolerate. If you don't want to join either a new group or an existing one, fine just don't - there is no wrong in asking them to join you either.

But we have a serious violation of the Forum Rules occurring throughout this thread that I will quote for the benefit of all:
(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.

Not only is the above important to the health of this forum, but also individual posters/users risk serious repercussions for violating the standard expressed there. Take heed.

Also any group wishing to establish themselves ought to research their chosen ID prior to going public with it. Point of fact the acronym "MOCA" has been in use by another RKBA organization for sometime and this circumstance could have put you in violation of copyright laws. That group is in the process of changing it's name from Maine Open Carry Assoc. (MOCA) to Gun Owners of Maine (Go-Me or Go-Maine) so I seriously doubt that the issue will be raised. MOCA/Go-Maine is an "official" group in they are doing everything by the book - registering as a non-profit et al.

New registrants or those with a low post count do not have less rights or privileges than the old hands, but you must understand that we don't know you well and deserve the opportunity to learn about you before giving a carte blanche endorsement of who and what you are - that is not a forum rule, that is human nature.

Many here are involved with working with city/county governments and understand the need for professionalism is writing style (grammar, punctuation, spelling etc) as well as organizational skills and public speaking ability. There is more to this than meets the eye - pull together or pull apart (pun intended). This forum is widely read by more non-registrants than member/users at a ratio of 4 - 10 to 1 - they are the media, politicians, antis and fence sitters as well as lurkers - see the breakdown at any given moment near the bottom of the Discussion Forum main page in the block titled Currently Active Users .

I personally participate in an informal group that meets every Sat. for an OC breakfast and once a moth for an OC dinner - we are not "officially" anything other than a collection of like minded individuals. It is free think, talk, and listen time and good ideas abound which we share with our official affiliations when appropriate - in my case with VCDL.

Suggest that those in need take a personal time-out, reconsider your approach and start over fresh.

REALteach4u

Hey Ryan, how about getting some more information out there and trying to meet up with some of the board folks for the common cause. Doc can give you some great insight into gatherings. Doc and I don't always agree on some things, but we will always agree that Missouri laws are broken on the matter and that if someone doesn't step out into the open on the matter it will likely never get the attention it needs to change the public perception that everyone carrying a firearm that is not a LEO must be a criminal...because clearly only LEOs are allowed to carry firearms.

+1000 Tony, you're not the only one saying that.

@mpsgunner: How about a different approach like vetting this organization for validity and seeing if it is something in need of growth aid. After all, OCDO and MSSA had to start somewhere to gain momentum and growth.

mspgunner

Hello my name is Ryan Miller the spokesman for M.O.C.A. that's missouri open carry association. We are an open carry group based out of Sedalia Mo. and are 100 percent free of charge for membership as well as all other activities we put on. If you or anyone you know would be interested in more information as well as legal guides to missouri open carry feel free to look us up on facebook as MOCA open carry. We are currently working on putting some bbqs together as well as getting on the bruce in the morning show to help raise open carry awarness. We meet once a month as a group but every weekend you can find us at the dennys in sedalia if you want to know where we are because you stoped for a visit just ask for the guys with guns at the counter haha. Any support, new memberships, or ideas would be welcome. Again you can find us on facebook under the name MOCA open carry. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. Oh p.s. We might also have a open carry vs concealed carry debate coming up on kix 105.7. We will keep you posted. Thanks again.

Spokesman, Ryan Miller - M.O.C.A.

Good luck...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Kyle or Ryan,

Makes little difference which is true.

To the rest of the arguments, I stand by point number 2, it still looks like nothing but SPAM.

LMTD

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
LOL, folks are interesting that is for sure.

Lets take a look here, hmmmmm, well we want to start our own site, so we do, open carry Sedalia noting we already know a Missouri site exist, then after more or less nothing happens with the Sedalia site, we open a "MOCA" and within 30 days begin spaming it.

Now I know everyone around here looks for various chances to jump down another throat but really, a spammer? This is an all time best! We even have the trolls jumping in on this one.

It was such obvious spam from the beginning, why would anyone think it was anything else?

"MOCA" is a common acronym Some of the more common ones, Museum Of Contemporary Art in Commiefornia, then for a few years there was MO Council on Arts but it died off, then in the non-profit status (hence the point 3. "you have not incorporated") Missouri Ozarks Community Action, Inc which still operates today, and then you have the commercial interest, Moca Heartland Inc in St Ann aka St Louis.

So now, sorry, for those of you how may have referenced myself not being nice to a newbie, CLUE<===== print it out and put it in your pocket so you have one, I was mean to a spammer, nothing more and nothing less, and "mean" is WAY WAY out of context, hell, I thought I was pretty damn nice to the guy and gave solid advice.

These "your not being nice" thread results used to confuse me, now they are just kind of silly.

Classic "fail" Ryan/Kyle or how about we just call you spampup instead! Gesh give me a break, we are so far above this crap!

On to other things, had a fun trip, it was not really a vacation, I was helping someone move from Flagstaff to Springfield, but I got to visit the Grand Canyon which is indeed awe inspiring.I will get back out there for a bit of wheelin in the desert no doubt about it.

Redbaron007

LOL, folks are interesting that is for sure.

[SNIP].....

On to other things, had a fun trip, it was not really a vacation, I was helping someone move from Flagstaff to Springfield, but I got to visit the Grand Canyon which is indeed awe inspiring.I will get back out there for a bit of wheelin in the desert no doubt about it.

You're a good'n!! Keep up the good work!

Tell your friend..Welcome to the Queen City!!

Moca Open Carry

Reply to settle a few things

Hello this is Ryan from M.O.C.A. that's Missouri Open Carry Association

First I would to say thank you to the gentlemen who made us feel a bit more at home than others you are very much appreciated.
Secondly to all the gentlemen who don't know how to act like one let me make few things clear I won't be on here much this is too important to us at M.O.C.A. to be on a computer all day as opposed to being out in the world getting things done. Now I am Ryan not who ever called you a **** that's not me even if I don't disagree we allow some of our members to attempt the networking part for us so we can do the things we set out to do so for that I apologize. However I want to make it clear that nowhere in my post did it say we were the only ones though in our immediate area we are I know this because any public groups that existed before us have joined our group. I know there are people out there that have been fighting for O.C. rights since I was still in diapers and am thankful for and to them for without them we would have a much harder battle ahead. I would also like to point out that in your rather harsh message to me that you apparently didn't want anyone else to read that calling yourselves "THE BIG BOYS" does not make you sound cool or like the guy to go to. It makes you sound like a sad little soul who does not want anyone else to play in what he considers to be HIS sandbox even though it's located in a public park. You see we all have a common goal so why would it be ok to treat someone with a common goal whom though you perceive as new you know nothing about as if they have no right to be involved? Now I am sure you will have some snarky comment here as well but I do not care. You see I am here to meet like minded people who share common goals and interests as i'm sure most of you are. And if you have pointers or opinions feel free to share them. But do not think you can talk to me in that manner just because your far away behind a computer screen either. If you already have a group that's great keep up the good work. I didn't say leave them I said support us. We already support anyone with common goals. Also Sedalia is not very aware as far as open carry so that was our initial reason for forming M.O.C.A. but it continues to grow. As for your comments on calling ourselves an association if you own a dictionary a group a organisation and (drum roll please) an association are all synonymous words. We are currently working on getting non_profit status and will be keeping the name. So thank you for your concern and comments.

Now that we are all squared away and being grownups again. I want to take the opportunity to let everyone know that we will be having a bbq for M.O.C.A. here in Sedalia in may on the 6th Location is not for certain yet but anyone is more than welcome to attend even the ungentlemanly gentlemen as long as you can maintain civility. Thanks again for the support we have received. And we are working on some potential constitutional carry petitions and when we get the final draft ready more will be posted on that. Thanks for reading everyone. And have a wonderful day.

Ryan M. Miller - Spokesman, M.O.C.A.

P.S. To again comment on some of your opinions that said we sounded as if we were the only ones out there for O.C. I have a quote for you. Matthew 5:7 "You hypocrite first remove the log from your own eye before removing the splinter from your brothers."

Morpheus97

Welcome to the forum Ryan. You will find there are a lot of like minded people here. I don't post very much, as I just don't have the time or interest to argue and deal with those that choose to be rude. My time is better spent with family, career, and working for 2A rights. It's great to hear you are not only taking an interest in protecting our 2A rights, but actually doing something. Someday I hope all of us from across MO can come together and work as one organized group. Definitely post details on your BBQ and other events. You never know who may decide to take a drive and show up.

mspgunner

OK. I was the harsh one....

I wish you all the luck in the world with 2A OC rights.....

But.... work with the existing 2A groups (if they will even listen to you) and learn the "process".

Many of the "big boy groups" are not very open minded on OC in Missouri, that is an understatement.

They may be your friends and they may be your foes.

Take the time to find out who is who and what is what, it will save you a lot of frustrations. History does matter on 2A issues, there are a lot of people and groups with long memories and influence.

'Ya all might make progress, but progress is slow.....

GO FOR IT!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
As for your comments on calling ourselves an association if you own a dictionary a group a organisation and (drum roll please) an association are all synonymous words. We are currently working on getting non_profit status and will be keeping the name. So thank you for your concern and comments.

I wasn't being snarky, but I am indeed pretty good at it.

On to more important things, your attempt at being snarky back is a massive fail. If you manage your way to the $3k it will cost you to file for not for profit status without a lawyer, a lot more if you need one to navigate it for you. You are going to find out rather quickly that M.O.C.A. is NOT AVAILABLE which I have already pointed out as have others, it has already been taken commercially and nfp so you can't have it. If you had an idea of what you were doing, you would already know that from the previous postings.

The "other groups have already joined ours" fails as well.

Welcome to the real world pup, your likely to have a lot of work in front of you, but at least it seems you might have the gonads for it. As for your "out in the world working for rights" or however you said it, no one fitting your photos seemed to be attending any of the political hearings this year, not sure what it is you think you are working on, but that is where the rubber meets the road.

There is a lot of work for OC happening in the capitol right now, you are way way behind as session is already into the second half and is closing rapidly. That does not mean you can not help or be effective, but if you haven't been knocking on doors already, your going to make your knuckles bleed trying for face time this late in the game.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate and spend a lot of time on this site, go back several years, they are cached and review previous efforts so as not to make the same mistakes as have happened before. Then you will do a lot less running of your mouth and a lot more spending of your coin to try and make something happen.

Good luck to you, you have a lot to figure out.

Welcome Ryan. I say a good post and don't let the egoism and word whoredom get you down. Keep posting.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Welcome Ryan. I say a good post and don't let the egoism and word whoredom get you down. Keep posting.

Egoism or reality, depends only upon the view.

Then again, sitting around complaining on the puter does nothing, but it is common wouldn't you say?

OC for ME

LE is the one infringing our unalienable right, contrary to existing law(s), from time to time. Having new laws, or revising (fixing) existing laws will likely not change LE's behaviors anytime soon. But this is a different issue, yet tangentially related.

Typically we are 'preaching to the choir' on these OC outings, these Interwebs sites, and little evidence of the success or failure of our efforts to educate our fellow citizens is determinable. Our rights not being trampled by state employed jack-booted thugs is not evidence that our fellow citizens are educated.

Would it be beneficial to the 'OC movement' to start a campaign to educate the citizenry, regarding OC, in the hopes that our fellow citizens will accept OC and not make that MWAG call in the first place. A campaign, carefully crafted, that approaches the 'issue' from the citizen side and not the Jeff City side could do nothing but good for our unalienable right to self-defense.

It takes a hardy soul to work the halls of Jeff City, many are not up to the task, and age makes for credibility in Jeff City. A bunch of 'kids' holding OC picnics may bring the word to the masses, voters, far more quickly AND simply than a bunch of old dudes, complaining about how the 'pups' haven't a clue or paid their dues....yet, on a Interwebs gun site.

Mr. Miller, I highly encourage you to contact (PM) a few folks around here and elicit some advice, sage advice by the way.

Sticks and stones.....so to speak.

Welcome.