• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

man holds hostages with...

MKEgal

a fire extinguisher.
No, really.
At a WalMart.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...-man-accused-of-holding-store-workers-hostage

What is this country coming to when a room full of people choose to sit on the ground & be held hostage by a guy with a fire extinguisher instead of jumping him, knocking him down, & sitting on him?!?!
:mad:

ETA: of course, there is the WM policy saying that employees can't fight back if attacked...

Last edited:

ADobbs1989

They wouldn't have even needed to fight back. A simple point and laugh then continue with their business would have sufficed.

OC for ME

Ya know, some fire extinguishers are more deadly than other fire extinguishers. Just as "assault rifles" are more deadly than......well, non-assault rifles.

Short non-scientific poll:

a) Water
b) Dry Chemical
c) CO2

Which of the above would be the most deadly?

SPOProds

Ya know, some fire extinguishers are more deadly than other fire extinguishers. Just as "assault rifles" are more deadly than......well, non-assault rifles.

a) Water
b) Dry Chemical
c) CO2

Depends, are any of them high capacity as well?

Super6O

a) Water
b) Dry Chemical
c) CO2

Water!

eye95

All extinguishers are fully automatic. As long as the trigger is depressed and the extinguisher has ammunition, it will continue fire.

Paint it Black, and you will really piss Diane Feinstein off!

davidmcbeth

Banned

a) Water
b) Dry Chemical
c) CO2

Halon....