• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast, Sat. 11/19/11

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Quick late post - yes breakfast will be served by at least 9:30 AM at RCD, Parham Rd and I-95

Been running all day, back and forth - will be good to sit and relax a spell tomorrow morning.

Come on down!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Mike, JC and I held down the fort. Skid was still catching up on his sleep following the Va. Tech excursion.

Had some goggle eyes, whispering and pointing when Mike first got there, but otherwise was business as usual.

scouser

Logan & I should be able to attend next week. We might even consider a Friday breakfast this week, as I don't have to work that day, even if it's just the two of us.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry I missed everyone again but it sure was nice being home. Got another small buck and my big one finally showed up. I sat there for a little and decided to give him another season to spread those genes around.
I did make him into a Christmas card though.:lol:
big-buck-enhanced-inkweb.jpg

I keep missing you Scouser. Soon, we need to hit the same days. You figured prominently in my quiet days reflections.
We had a real nasty cold snap last night and just as I was afraid of, I can't take much cold anymore. It was around 20 degrees and I was dressed like it was sub zero. No blood circulation to my hands and feet anymore.

DSCN0028small.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sorry I missed everyone again but it sure was nice being home. Got another small buck and my big one finally showed up. I sat there for a little and decided to give him another season to spread those genes around.
I did make him into a Christmas card though.:lol:
big-buck-enhanced-inkweb.jpg

Nice looking buck, Peter.

Kudo's on the decision to let him continue to spread the wealth - good game management. Not many people could have resisted the opportunity to fulfill instant gratification. That and next year he will likely be awesome.

Sometimes "shooting" with a camera can be more enriching than actually harvesting the game! Your roots go deep Brother Don.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sometimes "shooting" with a camera can be more enriching than actually harvesting the game!

There is much to be learned from nature Grape. For instance, I was able to video the recent downfall of Saslaw.:banana:

[video=vimeo;32398443]http://vimeo.com/32398443[/video]

scouser

peter nap said:
....I keep missing you Scouser. Soon, we need to hit the same days. You figured prominently in my quiet days reflections....

The last time I brought Logan to breakfast I expected to see you there. I'm sure an old pickup truck in the parking lot was yours, it's license plate (which I won't reveal because informing others of that detail is your choice to make, not mine) was a very strong hint that it belonged to you. However, you were nowhere to be seen inside so my best guess is that the two men I glimpsed standing outside smoking as Logan and I went inside was probably yourself and Mr Shot. Grape must have had his back to me because I would have recognized him and said hello, but on the other hand I wasn't paying a great deal of attention to other people as I would have been concentrating my attention on the 22 month old Logan. Having him in tow usually results in us being late arrivals for breakfast.

As for figuring prominently, I hope that's a good thing ....