• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Git 'er Done!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I was just thinking about the next OC Meet and Greet. Maybe have us a theme affair.
Like,... everybody dress like Larry the Cable Guy. Even the women!
I bet that'd be the talk of the town!

Just imagine if somebody called in a MWAG on any of us.
What cop wants to write in a report "Investigated MWAG complaint, found a dozen men and several women impersonating Larry the Cable Guy! And the only answer to any of my questions was the phrase Git 'er Done!!!"
The poor officer would be forced to cope with a huge giggle factor back at the station!!!

Not that we'd look suspicious in any manner whatsoever! LOL!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I think we should dress like business executives on their lunch break: "Yes, we're carrying. We always carry. You've never seen a Coloradan carry a firearm, before? Well, welcome to Colorado!"

mahkagari

I think we should dress like business executives on their lunch break: "Yes, we're carrying. We always carry. You've never seen a Coloradan carry a firearm, before? Well, welcome to Colorado!"

Would that be OC?

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
One reason why I suggested a Larry the Cable Guy Meet and Greet is because Larry loves America.
And so do we.

Most folks, just getting started with OC, are apprehensive as all get out.
And they only start to enjoy OC when they break down and "Git 'er Done!"
Through the use of humor, maybe we can encourage others who are still uncertain to step out in faith and give it a whirl.
Or as Larry would say... Get over their jitters by the simple expedient of "Git 'er done!"

Once they learn that they won't trigger the Apocalypse if they OC, they'll be just fine with it.
But first they gotta take that first step into a whole unknown realm. They need to Git 'er Done!

You wanna try open carry? Then git 'er done!
You're worried about what will happen? You won't know for sure until you git 'er done!
And when all that worry does not produce the expected troubling result? Keep on gittin' 'er done!

See, it is all about subliminal messaging!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

GTShooter

Hello,

Im new to the forum and OC'ing, but I would feel more comfortable doing it with a group that has the experience. Id be interested in participating.

mobiushky

But what if we have nothing even remotely "Larry the Cable Guy" esque? LOL!

If the next M&G is a day I'm free, I'm going to try like heck to be there.

mahkagari

Howdy Mahk!
What other kind would we bother attending?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

I'm just trying to picture how you'd OC in a business executive power suit. If you say drop leg, I'm going to take away your expensive hat permit.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

But what if we have nothing even remotely "Larry the Cable Guy" esque? LOL!

If the next M&G is a day I'm free, I'm going to try like heck to be there.

Howdy Pard!
That's an easy fix. A trip to the nearest Goodwill store and about 3 bucks, with a few modifications to the stuff you get,
you're ready to go! Git 'er done!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin