• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why does anyone need an AR15 ???

tattedupboy

If the government really is concerned for the safety of the people they should disarm all federal agencies. Particularly take away actual assault weapons from the police, national guard, and military. If their heart is in the right place there is no need for a dozen police officers serving warrants with fully auto rifles with 30 round magazines. The intent for the 2A was for the people to be armed with the same weapons as the government, so if anyone is going stop using hi cap magazines it should be them. There is no need for "weapons of mass death" as they call them, for policing the people, NONE. Police and national guard should have no special privileges that are not afforded the people.

Would this also apply to nukes? Take them away from the federal government and allow only the states and private citizens to have them?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WalkingWolf

Would this also apply to nukes? Take them away from the federal government and allow only the states and private citizens to have them?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Can you afford a nuke? Is it possible to bear a nuke? Didn't the government force soldiers to be exposed to nuke fallout prior to the arms race? Does the government really need them seeing they are the only government to actually use them?

crazydude6030

Why do children need violent video games? It seems it would be much more effective to ban them, then banning guns.

Please video games have nothing to do with this. That reminds me of all the people calling to ban d&d. Funny how that's been replaced with the more popular format. I guess next we well go after laser tag and paintball?

crazydude6030

In addition to the desensitization caused by these games (one was titled "Kindergarten Killer"!), the absense of discipline for youngsters for the last 40 years has led to them not having to take responsibility for their actions. Too many times of the last four decades, youngsters and their parents have been told that little so & so has a "medical condition" or a "behavioral disorder" and he isn't at fault for his actions.

Yeah - - - right.

Without discipline and repercussions for unacceptable actions, they will never learn to control themselves.

Why is it everyone has to blame something else. Video games have nothing to do with the issue.

Redbaron007

The real question is why does the government need to take guns away from law abiding citizens.
^^^^
This is the heart of the matter!!

"Why do you need scented body wash? Don't ask me stupid questions."

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
:lol:

Why is it everyone has to blame something else. Video games have nothing to do with the issue.

And you can say this with absolutely 100% authority? I think you may want to rethink your statement. Did they solely contribute to this...nope....but did they play a role? You can't say they didn't......so maybe you want to backtrack a little.

There are always several things that play a role....saying that this or that was the 'thing' that caused it....well, it is intellectually deficient.

I don't think anyone is saying video games are to be blamed for ALL of it; but one could argue they very well could play a part....however, blaming is placing the responsibility for ones action on something/someone else....when we all make decisions, those decisions are based upon many factors, some external and some internal...therefore blaming anything/anyone for my actions, is a fallacy.

crazydude6030

^^^^
This is the heart of the matter!!

:lol:

And you can say this with absolutely 100% authority? I think you may want to rethink your statement. Did they solely contribute to this...nope....but did they play a role? You can't say they didn't......so maybe you want to backtrack a little.

There are always several things that play a role....saying that this or that was the 'thing' that caused it....well, it is intellectually deficient.

I don't think anyone is saying video games are to be blamed for ALL of it; but one could argue they very well could play a part....however, blaming is placing the responsibility for ones action on something/someone else....when we all make decisions, those decisions are based upon many factors, some external and some internal...therefore blaming anything/anyone for my actions, is a fallacy.

Since I have played for over 25 years I can say that for sure. I don't buy that for one minute. So no I will not retract my statement or rethink it

Redbaron007

Since I have played for over 25 years I can say that for sure. I don't buy that for one minute. So no I will not retract my statement or rethink it

So in essence, it is and only is YOUR opinion. No evidence except from YOUR playing experience.

With what you've stated, you and I will disagree, as well as a lot of other people will prolly agree with. Me. Good luck.

WalkingWolf

When I was growing up, around 8 yeaars old we had a neighbor with a challenged adult. He had the mental capacity of a five year old. I made friends with him while everybody else was scared of him. My mother always baked treats for us. My four year older brother hated me, he put his friends up to beating on me so he would not take the blame. I told Dale to choke one of them, he did. He held him up, his feet dangling until I told him to stop. If I had not Dale would've killed him.

The point is parents use these sick games for babysitters so they don't have to deal with children. They take over a weak mind with the power of suggestion. They are far more dangerous to society than any gun, and they have no social value. They are not free speech, they are a pasttime that glorifies evil. IMO they do not fall under the constitution, and I would by far rather see them banned than guns.

crazydude6030

So in essence, it is and only is YOUR opinion. No evidence except from YOUR playing experience.

With what you've stated, you and I will disagree, as well as a lot of other people will prolly agree with. Me. Good luck.

If course it is just like yours is. Look if you want to blame violent acts on video games then what's your reasoning for them in 1920?

Violent and/or mentally ill people have always been around blaming anyone thing over their actions is not only stupid but silly.

If you want to keep this little debate going that's fine but I don't think you have much ground to stand on here. To me blanking video games is for a mass shooting is just as stupid if not more so as blaming guns.

Redbaron007

If course it is just like yours is. Look if you want to blame violent acts on video games then what's your reasoning for them in 1920?

Violent and/or mentally ill people have always been around blaming anyone thing over their actions is not only stupid but silly.

If you want to keep this little debate going that's fine but I don't think you have much ground to stand on here. To me blanking video games is for a mass shooting is just as stupid if not more so as blaming guns.

No offense intended, but if you read my prior posts you would have answered you comment before submitting it. Reading is fundamental.

crazydude6030

The point is parents use these sick games for babysitters so they don't have to deal with children. They take over a weak mind with the power of suggestion. They are far more dangerous to society than any gun, and they have no social value. They are not free speech, they are a pasttime that glorifies evil. IMO they do not fall under the constitution, and I would by far rather see them banned than guns.

You do realize your blaming video games for bad parenting right? If your so worried about messages then maybe you should worrie more about the messages that are found in tv shows. For years fox ran a show about a drug user who abused everyone while practicing medicine. There is even a show about a teacher who sells meth. And lets not forget the walking dead, ufc, and many others that send messages

For as long as I can remember we as a society have always sought to blame something for the actions of others that we can't understand. Its pretty easy to do so I get that but it does nothing in the way of prevention

WalkingWolf

You do realize your blaming video games for bad parenting right? If your so worried about messages then maybe you should worrie more about the messages that are found in tv shows. For years fox ran a show about a drug user who abused everyone while practicing medicine. There is even a show about a teacher who sells meth. And lets not forget the walking dead, ufc, and many others that send messages

For as long as I can remember we as a society have always sought to blame something for the actions of others that we can't understand. Its pretty easy to do so I get that but it does nothing in the way of prevention

What I am saying is weak minds can be easily influenced by outside sources, I could do it as a 8 year child, it can be done by violent video games. Guns cannot influence the weak minded. If you want to give up your guns for video games more power to you. But freedom of speech is not about teaching children to kill. And it is not about giving up second amendment rights.

crazydude6030

What I am saying is weak minds can be easily influenced by outside sources, I could do it as a 8 year child, it can be done by violent video games. Guns cannot influence the weak minded. If you want to give up your guns for video games more power to you. But freedom of speech is not about teaching children to kill. And it is not about giving up second amendment rights.

A gun around someone you mention could be trouble regardless of what they where predisposed too. I don't think games are a 1st admin right but I also Think its a hell of a reach to suggest games teach people to kill.

It really seems to me your logic is the same bait and switch logic the anti's use.

A mentally ill person is able and willing to do anything. At one time we blamed books that talked ill of the church as a cause. Then we blamed alcohol and drugs. Now we are on to video games and tv. Why can't we just realize that it takes a screwed up person to hurt another person and leave it at that?

WalkingWolf

A gun around someone you mention could be trouble regardless of what they where predisposed too. I don't think games are a 1st admin right but I also Think its a hell of a reach to suggest games teach people to kill.

It really seems to me your logic is the same bait and switch logic the anti's use.

A mentally ill person is able and willing to do anything. At one time we blamed books that talked ill of the church as a cause. Then we blamed alcohol and drugs. Now we are on to video games and tv. Why can't we just realize that it takes a screwed up person to hurt another person and leave it at that?

Sometimes the mentally weak are easy to manipulate, in the case of Adam Lanza it certainly WAS a factor, the guns were not a factor. It has nothing to do with being anti or pro gun, it has to do with the responsibility of a industry not protected by the constitution encouraging people to kill in virtual reality. This is not the same for guns. Guns are a tool, they are constitutionally protected, I would say a person more concerned with their ability to play bloody games, YET have others give up their constitutional right for their own selfish fetishes is a anti.

crazydude6030

Sometimes the mentally weak are easy to manipulate, in the case of Adam Lanza it certainly WAS a factor, the guns were not a factor. It has nothing to do with being anti or pro gun, it has to do with the responsibility of a industry not protected by the constitution encouraging people to kill in virtual reality. This is not the same for guns. Guns are a tool, they are constitutionally protected, I would say a person more concerned with their ability to play bloody games, YET have others give up their constitutional right for their own selfish fetishes is a anti.

I missed the part where he played games. I did see he had a stash of computers. I also think your way off base in saying games encourage killing. It really does sound like your pushing off blame

Neither of us will convince the other but dispute all my years of game playing I have you to manipulate another person to commit a violent act or commit one myself. I know a good deal of other gamers who have yet to kill either.

Redbaron007

I missed the part where he played games. I did see he had a stash of computers. I also think your way off base in saying games encourage killing. It really does sound like your pushing off blame

Neither of us will convince the other but dispute all my years of game playing I have you to manipulate another person to commit a violent act or commit one myself. I know a good deal of other gamers who have yet to kill either.

You have utterly missed the point. facepalm.gif

motoxmann

I used to play a LOT of online shooter type games with interactive communication between players, and for a few years even owned and moderated multiple gaming servers. I can definitely attest to the fact that gaming can alter the mind, based on my experience with thousands of people playing these games. frequent players over time are remembered. and trust me when I say there were more than a handful of people I encountered that at first seemed completely normal when they first started playing these games, then over time these same players would become more and more violent and unpredictable in nature/personality, and threats amongst the players are the norm but some here and there would stand out. considering it's all anonymous, there's no proof of anything. but there definitely were a few people over time that I was greatly concerned about in regards to what they would do in reality if someone simply called them a bad name or worse. and again, I am referencing people who were NOT like this when they first started playing, but BECAME this way over time after playing more and more.

I would never FULLY blame a game for the actions of an individual, but I will definitely say it is my experience observing thousands of people playing games that these games do definitely play a part in this whole thing, either by encouraging the violent crime, or giving the criminal a specific act to attempt to accomplish, or even a dream to live up to.
heck, I've even heard people who were talentless in the online gun game say things like: "I may suck at this game, but when I come to your house with a real loaded gun, we'll see who is better".

the people that were actually good at the game typically were the good guys, and did not appear harmful in reality. it's the ones that sucked at the game no matter how hard they tried that I would develop a concern over. because they would know they were not good at the online version, and would get more and more angry about it and strive to do better and better. then every night they'd go to bed dreaming they could shoot more people more accurately in the game, and would wake up with the same idea but started to inch its way into a reality.

yes plenty of responsible people play these games and are never affected. but I am sure there are some that ARE affected in negative ways by these games.

Keylock

You guys are falling into the trap. Blameshifting solves nothing unless you have an agenda. The fed.gov, some state.govs and the progressive media have an agenda.

This man killed. Thus he's a killer. Why he did it or what caused it doesn't matter. It's done.

Those of us who are moral, law abiding firearms owners ought to educate the morons living amongst us that the security of the nation practically demands that we be armed. Otherwise, we'll be like Australia, Britain, Norway, China and a host of other Liberty deprived nations.

WalkingWolf

There are a lot of people driving cars who have not killed anybody either. Even all drunk drivers do not all end up killing, but some do. Should we encourage drunk driving? Maybe a video game driving drunk running over children while not getting caught?

If I let Dale kill that boy who would be at fault? Dale or I?

The point is that when it comes down to it bearing arms is a constitutional right, playing video games is not. One is inanimate object the other draws a person into a killing game. Most people will not lose touch with reality, some people will. One can be reasonably be outlawed and not violate rights the other should not. Would you rather open carry a violent video game or a firearm for self defense?

Last edited:

motoxmann

Would you rather open carry a violent video game or a firearm for self defense?

haha!...
"caution! homeowner carries and practices first person shooter games on his computer. illegal intruders will be pixellated and shot with electrons along copper strips permanently affixed to silicone fiber plates, followed by insults shouted into a microphone!"