• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Too much?

Tricorn

What one carries is that individual's choice (based on a multitude of factors). I do on occasion carry a semi-auto, but my preference is a revolver, usually a S&W 4" N-Frame in .45 Colt or .44 Mag (depending on decision factors).

"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize." -Clairee Belcher (Steel Magnolias).

Bernymac

While having immersed myself in the gun culture, drooling while reading G&A magazine, I find this statement appalling.

We don't OC with any 'pride', it's not about our self-entitlement, it's about the grim task of dealing with a threat in the gravest extreme. I realize Grapeshot meant it with good intent, but I would be remiss not to make a counter-comment.

Because of an understanding of the serious nature of possession of deadly force, most carriers have discovered a way to harness their ego, their anger, and find politeness, tact, methods of de-escalation and ways to calm the internal reptile brain.

Rant
Which, the above, I might add, is in stark contrast to the trend among the establishment to take steroids, arm up like robo-cop and shoot everything in sight with every bullet in their possession, claiming with great hubris 'they were shooting at me, one of those rounds might have hit a civilian', all the while oblivious to the path of the 600 rounds expended to "accomplish" this feat, and oblivious to the fact that indeed ten of these pew-pews wound up inside an innocent who had already been victimized by the bank and also the BGs. In fact the BGs played a minor role in this tragedy, driving down the road with sacks full of paper.
/rant

Lighten-Up-Francis_zps20c6bf2c.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Too much MIM sell it and get a real 1911... Colt!
Some people love Kimbers.........others don't.

I've had two - Kimber couldn't fix them - Wilson said, "We don't work on them." Sold them and never looked back. Kimber's "Custom" guns are their regular production line guns - just roll marked "Custom." They do a fantastic job of advertising and have some sharp looking pistols - have to give them that. Have several friends that will be beating me severely about the head for speaking so disparagingly about their treasured guns. :uhoh:

I own a Les Baer TR special - fantastic 1911 that shoots better than most people who use it. My EDC is a commander size Performance Shop S & W 1911 w/Crimson Trace burled grips - every bit as accurate as the Baer. Everyone local calls it my "purdy gun." :)

They are both serious guns for serious duty - neither has ever gagged or hiccuped, even when brand new. They are a blast to shoot at the range too.

FBrinson

Some people love Kimbers.........others don't.

I've had two - Kimber couldn't fix them - Wilson said, "We don't work on them." Sold them and never looked back. Kimber's "Custom" guns are their regular production line guns - just roll marked "Custom." They do a fantastic job of advertising and have some sharp looking pistols - have to give them that. Have several friends that will be beating me severely about the head for speaking so disparagingly about their treasured guns. :uhoh:

I own a Les Baer TR special - fantastic 1911 that shoots better than most people who use it. My EDC is a commander size Performance Shop S & W 1911 w/Crimson Trace burled grips - every bit as accurate as the Baer. Everyone local calls it my "purdy gun." :)

They are both serious guns for serious duty - neither has ever gagged or hiccuped, even when brand new. They are a blast to shoot at the range too.

558731_2727474480502_854542106_n_zpsf7a11bf8.jpg

Mine. I love it. It goes bang every time. It eats anything I feed it, FMJ, HP, SWC, LRN, factory, hand loads. I tested over 1500 rounds without cleaning it over the course of a year just to see what would happen. Never a problem. It's purrdy! My wife likes it too! :banana:

No plans of any beatings.

sparkman2

Too much MIM sell it and get a real 1911... Colt!

You know when you are in the market for a handgun and you pick up so many different styles and brands, for me it was something about the way it felt in my hands that convinced me. I have never had any problems with the Kimber. I heard of some problems with their magazines but I don't use theirs I use Wilson. Sell it ? No way. I could just buy a Colt and add to the "collection". :D

zoom6zoom

Heck no, it's not too much. We have some petite young ladies in our membership who OC 1911's.
Only reason I don't carry one anymore is that I have come to prefer a DA/SA