• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SHOCKING AUDIO: Philadelphia Police violate rights of open carrier at gunpoint

Mike

Site Co-Founder
get an attorney asap.

officer appeared to conduct seizure absent reasonable suspicion o crime or that you did not thave a license. Seizures may not be conducted to conduct license checks. See Delaware v. Prouse.

officer appeared to disarn and search you absent reasonable suspicion that you were both armed AND dangerous. See terry v. ohio.

officer appeared to have assaulted and battered you without justification via lawful Terry stop and other circumstances justifying such conduct.

if the department has a policy to conduct such seizures, then injunctive relief against entire city should be sought.

Last edited:
M

McX

incompetent, unprofessional, threatening and intimidating, foul mouthed, rights violating bastards.

note to self; another reason to carry. protecting myself from the police.

Last edited:

david.ross

Looks like we need some oppen carry picnics with families attending in philedelphia - anybody have time to reserve a Philly park and coordinate this?

I highly disagree with this method and propose another method of engagement.

Let's strip away the exception from the UFA giving cities of first class the requirement to have people obtain an LTCF to open carry.

We can bring cities of first class like Philadelphia up to the standards of the rest of the state.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
guys, this is disgusting. i have family in PA and i would hate to think that any of them would come in contact with this PD. i would be down for a road trip for an open carry picnic. i'm sure police would show up with a mobile command center like they did here in warren, MI. good times. don't worry philly will eventually relax when they realize they have no legal footing. we have seen it all over the place in michigan, cops barely look twice at OCers here anymore.

Thundar

We had a rogue city in Virginia. Norfolk thought they could use "police muscle" to threaten open carriers into submission. I thought it dawned on them that they could not win when over 100 openly carrying citizens attended the Norfolk City Council meeting. They were so brazen that they arrested an open carrier later that evening. I believe that what finally convinced them was the federal law suits.

Because of this past experience I believe that Philadelphia will not change without a fight. They have anti gun politicians that provide top cover to wretched behaviour by sworn officers to supress legal behavior.

Engage in tactical skirmishes. Remember:

1) Work in groups whenever possible.
2) Always record.
3) Be polite, no matter how bad the police behave.
4) Do not surrender any of your rights.
5) Speaking is not good, but if you must open your mouth, quote the PA and US Constitution. Answer no question only ask why they think it is OK for somebody that has sworn to uphold the law, violates the supreme law as a matter of routine.

Be prepared for bad things from the Philly Police. They do not get as disrespectful as they were on the recording without tacit approval from supervisors of these thug tactics.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Much worse than most California stops. For a sergeant the cop really did not know what he was doing.

office888

I think $1,000,000.00 is a good starting point.

Brandishing a firearm with intent to cause bodily harm is a pretty serious crime.

Very serious violation of rights, poor interpretation of the law...

I don't even know where to start.

cudahogs

I think $1,000,000.00 is a good starting point.

Brandishing a firearm with intent to cause bodily harm is a pretty serious crime.

Very serious violation of rights, poor interpretation of the law...

I don't even know where to start.
Agree to the sue part! Unfortunately the officer is probably a fishing buddy of the IA investigating officer! He didn't make sargent without a buddy in IA.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
It would be helpful if we had a date. Contact an attorney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vUYeJXSrA

Listen as a citizen exercising his 2nd amendment right to legally bear arms was violently assaulted by Philadelphia Police with no cause.

In Pennsylvania carrying a gun is not reasonable suspicion of a crime and not justification for a stop and search or a detainment.

Mike has the best advice. Contact an attorney. I would love to know the date this happened. It is starting to get wide distribution. You can bet that a lot of Philadelphia police are watching this video. They have the name of the person involved, their address, and access to lots of personal information. Get an attorney now.

neuroblades

Greeting, my fellow OC/CC'ers/ One of the gentlemen from the Kentucky forum just posted the link to this audio recording. It is one of the worst encounters that I've heard or seen EVER!

Where does this situation stand currently? Has an attorney been secured?