• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supposed conservative morning talk show on KFYI already starting to lobby against

Notso

Campaign Veteran
the yet to be introduced new 'guns on campus' bill. I think they're still mad about the constitution carry bill being signed by the governor that they lobbied so heavily against. And then there's the 'guns in bars' bill they lobbied against. They blame the NRA for these new gun bills when in fact it's the AZCDL that get these bills introduced. Pretty funny.

Super Saiyan

the yet to be introduced new 'guns on campus' bill. I think they're still mad about the constitution carry bill being signed by the governor that they lobbied so heavily against. And then there's the 'guns in bars' bill they lobbied against. They blame the NRA for these new gun bills when in fact it's the AZCDL that get these bills introduced. Pretty funny.

He's right, though. You see, as soon as a person sets foot onto the campus of a school, especially a college, they lose all sense of right and wrong and become belligerent mad men, almost as if they instantaneously drank an entire bottle of vodka... :rolleyes:

ManInBlack

In the last few years, I've really come around to realizing that, on "rights" issues, it's not so much liberalism vs. conservativism as it is statism vs. liberty. Unfortunately, there are plenty of statists who wear the conservative label. There are even a fair number on this board...

me812

Carrying a gun on a college campus right now is only a misdemeanor. I think that the little girls over at KFYI might be astonished to learn how many people are doing it already, despite the law. If they ever found out, they'd probably get so scared that they'd make a little mess in their panties.

azcdlfred

They also used their radio station to try and defeat Constitutional Carry, whining like a bunch of silk panty liberals. So far we haven't heard any retraction.

"Conservative"? I think not.

As an FYI, this year's Campus Carry bill is NRA generated.

Fred

Notso

Campaign Veteran
I was somewhat surprised to hear Mike Broomhead lobby against guns on campus.

As much as I like to listen to Mike Broomhead, it seems that he rarely goes against the views of the morning show(Barry Young), especially concerning gun legislation. They are all famous for spouting the 'You won't find a bigger supporter of the 2nd amendment than me, BUT' line.

Viking

real v. imagined harm

Sadly, we still have plenty of folks who spout the line, "I'm a staunch 2nd amendment supporter" then qualify their perfidy. I almost (almost)
have more respect for the gun melters. I totally disagree with their positions, but at least they're honest about those position. They're just a
bunch of collectivist wackos who want the "state" to take care of them. In the final analysis, you're either for gun-owner rights or you're not.
Carrying, open or concealed offers no actual "harm" to anyone. It's never how someone carries a gun that bothers me, it's what they do with
that gun that can cause me distress. Someone shooting at me, now that's harm !!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP In the last few years, I've really come around to realizing that, on "rights" issues, it's not so much liberalism vs. conservativism as it is statism vs. liberty. Unfortunately, there are plenty of statists who wear the conservative label.

+1