• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart security stopped me for OC yesterday.

James F.

Ive been OC for about a month now and I was stopped yesterday for the first time. My friend and I went to Winnsboro Walmart to look around and kill some time. We looked at magazines, fishing lures, guns; the usual. Well we went to look at CDs since we're big music buffs. I told him I was gonna go look for some other CDs. When I turned to tell him I saw a woman standing a row over staring at me. I recognized her face and knew she was a "security officer." As im walking past the TVs I hear her tell some employees "Im not scared." I hear her say "Sir." so I stop and turn to her and reply "Yes mam?" she gets real close and asks me "who do you work with?" I said "work with?" she looked at my Glock and then back up at me. She said employees said there was a man with a gun and they were scared. I told her "I guess im the man with the gun." I said "Louisiana is an open carry state. I dont need a permit for this." She looked at me. I said "As long as i have it holstered its perfectly legal." She said "really?" I said "yes really." she told me she didnt know that. She said "so thats legal to do?" Again, i said "yes." I told her that with the way things are now why wouldnt i carry a gun. She said "youre right." "So youre not gonna start any trouble?" I said "no mam, im a good guy." She goes, "you arent gonna pull a batman on us?" I shook my head and said "if anything like that happens ill be the one stopping him." She smiled and walked off and i went about my business. i found my friend talking to a guy. The guy says "i wish i could carry my pistol like that" i told him the laws and that he could carry. He said a LEO told him he had to be 21 to carry a gun. We talked a while and i told him why i carry. He looked at me and said "man im really glad there are people like you out there." I told him "i wish everyone thought like that." So all in all it was just fine. I got to educate two people about open carrying in one day. Just thought I'd share.

Merlin

Very nice. I love these kind of interactions.

This is a perfect example of why every state needs a pamphlet stickied in their forum that has all of the relevant state and local ordinances. It gives you something to hand out. I always keep a couple in my back pocket. I give it about 1-2 a day lately.

Good stuff, Carry On.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Very nice. I love these kind of interactions.
This is a perfect example of why every state needs a pamphlet stickied in their forum that has all of the relevant state and local ordinances. It gives you something to hand out. I always keep a couple in my back pocket. I give it about 1-2 a day lately.
Good stuff, Carry On.
We have one on the Washington State site, recently updated. I go thru bunches of these just in normal conversation. They really get to work when we use them at an event. At a recent Barbecue we passed at least fifty to viable new participants. If your state does not have one, and many do, make one up yourself.