• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Macomb County Firearm Forum

mikestilly

Hi all. It's been a very long time since I've posted here. I'm in the process of gauging the interest on my side of town, Macomb County, for a biweekly get together to discuss gun rights topics in Michigan. My vision would be to start off as a simple biweekly meeting somewhere gun friendly for all where folks can discuss. Some example topics: gun rights current events, Q/A about firearms related subjects, obtaining a CPL, etc. I would open it up to anyone interested in joining a friendly discussion. That also includes anyone who also doesn't believe as most of us on here do. It would be open to republican/democrat/Ind/libertarian/communist, conservative, white/black, any religion or no religion, any employment or unemployed, a firearm export or know absolutely nothing about guns, against or for firearms. Another words anyone breathing and would like to join nice friendly discussion is welcome. No opinions will be attacked and this would not be a debate but a friendly discussion and information sharing opportunity that is seriously lacking in our state. I will put together friendly rules to maintain order and anyone breaking those rules would receive a warning and if they continued would be asked to leave. The rules would be created only to maintain a friendly meeting, open to anyone.

I purposely included examples because I wanted to make sure that everyone was clear. There will be no cost and if someone in Macomb County wanted to attend but didn't have transportation I would personally be willing to find it or pick someone up myself. I see this as an opportunity to start a local forum with an intention of opening up other forums from a wider area. I will also be posting this exact post in other high traffic areas so we can try and target as many people as possible.

Please post your opinion, or interest in my idea. Also if you could share this posts with others who might not see it and have them post or contact me directly at mikestilly@gmail.com it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I would change the name of the forum in the topic if I could but it wont let me. A better name would be Macomb County Firearm Forum to keep it more general.
Fixed it for you this time :)

Next time click edit, then enter your reason, then go Advanced. Finally change the title as you wish.

Hevymetal

I'd be up for meet ups this side of town. Ted's Coney on Hall road in Macomb has been used before for meetings. The owner is pro OC and they have good food :) but where ever and when ever just let us know the gameplan.

mikestilly

I'd be up for meet ups this side of town. Ted's Coney on Hall road in Macomb has been used before for meetings. The owner is pro OC and they have good food :) but where ever and when ever just let us know the gameplan.

That's great. We need more support. I've seen a lot of views but not much posting in response. There are a lot of OC friendly places out here. I just need more help getting the word out.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That's great. We need more support. I've seen a lot of views but not much posting in response. There are a lot of OC friendly places out here. I just need more help getting the word out.
Take the bull by the horns - build it and they will come. If no one builds it, where will they go?

Don't wait on Mikey to try it.

fozzy71

I agree with grapeshot. Just pick a time/place and see if you can get 2 or 3 to show up and hope it grows as word spreads. I might consider showing up depending on time and location. I am not a fan of big get togethers or formal meetings/dinners so something small and informal might be right up my alley.

mikestilly

I've not forgot about this post guys/gals and will be providing updates when I have something setup. I've received a few responses. Would like to see this group grow.

Last edited: