• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just how unfit is Sarah Palin to be on the Republican Ticket in 2012

Daylen

She is absolutely fit to run on the republican ticket. the question is faulty as it is a leading question.

Old Grump

Her recent hunting trip to "put food on the table" cost over $42,000 and she couldn't even load her own rifle.

That trip was a circus with clowns, er I mean commentators, guides, photographers etc. etc. etc.. Do you really think if she just went with her dad and husband and shot her own gun it would have been so silly.

amlevin

Around my "community" most of the women think she's a "ditz".

If things in politics are going to change it's time to stop chasing the people who's only real talent is to gain public attention. We need some that have had some actual, real world, work experience, either building a business or managing one through everyday problems (like making a payroll for one). Instead we get those whose only experience is in "F----ing Up" things in a State Legislature, Congress, or Governor's Mansion.

I'm waiting for someone with REAL leadership talent and true knowledge of what this country is all about. Not those who have a briefcase full of Political IOU's gathered over the years by "serving the party".

Sarah Palin's talent is far too limited to put her in the Oval Office. She'd make a better campaigner for a REAL candidate.

mahkagari

That trip was a circus with clowns, er I mean commentators, guides, photographers etc. etc. etc.. Do you really think if she just went with her dad and husband and shot her own gun it would have been so silly.

What was portrayed (and the estimated costs thereof) was just her dad and her husband. Her dad's scope being off wasn't the commentator's doing. The silly part of it was mainly the cost and then claiming "that's what it takes to put food on the table". The bulk of the cost was the private planes to the hunting area (estimated at some $38k). The rest of the cost was mainly her resort hunting lodge and vehicle rental for her party of three. Not the cost of the circus. The estimate I saw didn't even include processing costs. I guess they assumed she'd do the butchering herself. That was kind of them.

The absolute silliest is portraying a novice at something to be "her way of life". Take her for what she is and let her sink or swim on that. Don't make her out to be something she's not so she can fail miserably at it. (I.e. she is not a subsistence hunter making ends met with Alaskan cost effecient hunting.)

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I think she will run 3rd party "Tea Party" I think its a good idea for America to accept a 3rd party into main stream. I still wont vote for her most likely.

I hope not. I hope the Tea Party comes up with some more GOOD candidates. Right now, too many Tea Party candidates with no experience in politics (a good thing, IMHO) but with no demonstrated experience in anything else, either (not a good thing).

Palin quit her last politics job. Actions speak louder than words.

beebobby

If she couldn't handle the heat of being a candidate for vice-president, I don't see how she can handle what comes with being a pres. candidate. Plus it would involve a pretty substantial pay cut.

markand

Couldn't do much worse than what we have

She can speak without a TelePrompTer, makes fewer gaffes than Bush, has a more practical grasp on reality than either. And I'll bet she has a valid birth certificate to boot. What's not to like?

That said, I don't think she's going to run.

Coded-Dude

your kidding right? she went to 4 colleges in six years - finally majoring in journalism relating to broadcast media ad Idaho U. Obama has a Harvard law degree. Don't take that as me defending Obama or his qualifications. I'm just saying, she'd probably be better off as a news anchor. (oh wait she tried that)

230therapy

I won't vote for Palin.

She was completely unprepared for an interview regarding immigration on "O'Reilly Factor". There is NO excuse for this after her run with McCain.

If she won't prepare for an interview by studying the issues, and cannot reason her way through a topic, then she has no business running for President.

I do believe she's an excellent fund raiser and is good for drawing a crowd. She should stay there.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

She didn't say we have 57 states or that U.S. invented the car. Someone else did.

I hope she stays away from libertarian party, her and Beck are fake libertarians.

Sonora Rebel

Palin scares the crap out of left leaning metro-centrics and the rest of the mouth breathin' sheeple who take their thinking cues from similarly positioned and equally frightened talking heads. Why? Because she's genuine.

nonameisgood

We should probably try to find a real candidate, who doesn't hate thinking and will stick around for the full term. She quit that governor's job when things got tough, so what happens when she loses the mid-term? I'm just sayin'.

I'd love to see a true fiscal conservative who also believes in less government involvement in our lives. Her politics sound good, but I doubt she is capable of executing same.
She gets sound bitten, but she still doesn't seem to have the needed intellect to think through real issues.
Whatever your politics, governing requires thinking on the move.

mahkagari

She quit that governor's job when things got tough, so what happens when she loses the mid-term?

I don't think that's accurate. She quit because it was more lucrative to hit the road for speaking gigs at an average $100k a pop. Sorry, but pretending to be one of and care about the "Everyday Joe" to rake up her own millions, while laudable as a capitalist, is about as far from "genuine" as you can get.

She's not going to seriously run for prez. She's making too much money pretending she will. She no more thinks she has a real shot than Al Sharpton. Both of them are cut from the same cloth. Their gig is muckraking speechifying. Not getting actual work done.

Glen Beck and Moore the Whore were separated at birth. Just tossing that in for lagniappe.