• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Annual Open Carry Picnic, 8/22 -The Uninfringed Liberty Group

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Date: Sunday, August 22, 2010
Time: 12:00pm - 4:00pm

To Promote Awareness of Open Carry Rights in Wisconsin.

In celebration of the recent movement of average citizens exercising their liberty regarding the legality of open carry,please join us for our 2nd Annual Open Carry Picnic at the St. Croix County Fairgrounds in Glenwood City, Wisconsin.

The cost is FREE! However, a free will offering will be accepted and everyone is welcome to bring a dish to pass.

Out-of-state residents WELCOME!

What to bring:
- Yourself
- Your family
- Your friends
- Your best behavior
- Side arms are welcome, but not required to attend.

Provided by the sponsors:
- BBQ on bun, Beans, Coleslaw, Chips, Dessert, Refreshments

Guidelines:please contact us if you are unaware of the laws for legal transport and carry of firearms. And DO NOT remove firearms from holster!
- Please leave long guns at home.
- No alcohol or drugs permitted.

Invited Guests are:
- You, your family and friends
- All candidates and state legislators from Western WI Counties
- Firearm trainers & custom craftsmen
- Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

If you are a vendor and would like to set up at our OC picnic, please contact Annette or Ole.

A Right not Exercised is a Right Lost. An armed society is a polite society.

There will be a short program at 1:00 pm for speakers and invited guests to address the group. Door prizes will be awarded.

8 miles North of I-94 at exit 28 on Hwy 128
This will be the last large OC event before the primary election. Ole was one of the WCI members instrumental in getting carry into the state GOP platform. Whether you are a Republican or not, this is an event you should attend to show your support for carry rights in WI.

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Help spread the word

I encourage all forum members to help spread the word and attend this event. Please print out, post, and spread the flier.

Attachments

• Aug-2010-GC-Open-Carry-Picnic.pdf
    70.5 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Torn

I'm TORN. I have to decide between this picnic and walking in a parade armed(condition one).

Which would you do?

The Sheriff and DA are up for reelection and will most likely be in the parade. Great opportunity to get there position on several statutes.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
I have received a few questions regarding directions, take exit 28 on I-94. Go North on 128, and just follow the OC Picnic signs.

See you all Sunday.

Carry On

Spartacus

Banned
If anyone who is going to the picnic has an extra over-sized firing pin stop for a 1911 bring it along please? None of the gunsmiths around here stock them and I need one for a shoot next weekend.

If you don't know me, find Hubert and he will point me out.

See y'all there.

M

McX

outstanding event! beautiful countryside, got to see the mighty mississippi river, quaint clean and very old towns. the shoppers, and management of an area cabelas got to see law abiding citizens going about their business, armed, and shopping in the store. no one fled in terror, no one raised an eyebrow, fun was had and money spent. a great time, with close friends, a great picnic, with people of like mind!

ps; almost forgot, my sincere thanks to Hubert for opening his home to us as guests overnight, and a special thanks to him for the additional firearms training he provided for me!

Last edited: