• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PCSO detention - audio

TechnoWeenie

I posted it here awhile ago. Didn't post the audio. Here it is. I started audio when the officer pulled up in front of me, blocking my path, and pulled out his gun and pointed it at me.

Mp3

I was as cooperative as can be, sucking it up a bit so the officers on scene didn't magically find a reason to arrest me (I was threatened with arrest, told my gun was going to be taken if I didn't register it, etc)

So... I can be arrested for open carrying, I HAVE TO carry concealed if I have a CPL otherwise I'll be arrested and my CPL will be revoked, I can't carry in a bank, I need to call the PD if I want to open carry 'around here', responsible gun ownership means registering your guns, it's my fault they came out there... etc.

I went into a store to buy something with a gun on without a badge or a uniform! OMG!

notice the attitude of the officers... 'I will play semantics all day long, and I will win'....

certain portions have been redacted to protect my (now former) workplace.

It's been awhile since this issue occurred. Should I file a complaint? Talk to Drew?

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Thanks for the audio and I commend you for your demeanor in the face of officers not knowing the law but still interjecting their personal or misguided views upon you.

I hope you followed up or will follow up with the Chief and or Mayor or Council on this issue.

After all it is their job to know the law.

Badger Johnson

Pushy cops?

I like (sarcasm) how they took it upon themselves to just pump you for information, phone numbers, what you do for a living your body weight, area code, etc., all illegal probing that if you declined to say you'd be arrested on false charges.

But that's nothing. I was detained, searched and frisked and temporarily restrained in a wrist-lock while riding a bicycle in a public park because someone phoned in a complaint that "someone" was going around corners too fast.

There was no speed limit in the park, and the officer, standing right in front of a 'bicycles yield' sign said "I didn't know you could ride a bike in here".

They were actually hiding in the parking lot waiting for someone to ride by on a bicycle so they could turn on their flashers.

So tell me the average cop isn't a thug who routinely lies and breaks the law detaining law-abiding citizens for no specific articulable facts. In fact, how did they know -I- was the one who rode too fast (I didn't)?

massivedesign

Jeez Parks, that a heck of a conversation. Well done presenting yourself!

How long has it been since the event happened? If it's been a while, I doubt anything will come of it (easy for them to say that there has been additional training since then etc).

Regardless, how the officers conducted themselves was a complete joke. On that principal alone I would share it with the heads of the PCSO and Commissioners.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Holy crap...

Parks...

When was this? Before or after Tom's incident?

These guys are so amazingly ignorant!

This department needs some serious education and a training bulletin.

o2ryan

Thanks for sharing TW. You are well educated on your rights and stood your ground. I agree with the others, this should be shared with department officials via a formal complaint.

Snarly

amlevin

Thanks for sharing TW. You are well educated on your rights and stood your ground. I agree with the others, this should be shared with department officials via a formal complaint.

Snarly

As well as in a timely manner. Don't think much would come of a complaint now if any significant time has passed (like more than 90 days). It is also possible that in the time that has passed the offending officer(s) have gone on to other jobs.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Definitely file a complaint, and please record you trying to do so, my guess is they will try to not let you. And yes find a lawyer, they violated your 4th and 5th amendment rights.

Was this before or after Brewster's? It doesn't matter a violation is a violation. Get your police reports, I am betting they will not match up to your recording. Probably have some boiler plate language about you not being "cooperative" etc.

usamarshal

Did someone kick your butt recently?...haha...This guy has no idea what the laws are. You should send this to the chief...haha

usamarshal

You went into a business with a holstered firearm in plain view?...haha...These guys just can't believe it....haha...next time I wouldn't apologize for anything man...definitely let the chief know.

sudden valley gunner

You went into a business with a holstered firearm in plain view?...haha...These guys just can't believe it....haha...next time I wouldn't apologize for anything man...definitely let the chief know.

Yea I agree about the not apologizing you did nothing wrong. Plus I am determined not to "talk" to police or be "talked" to. They had no RAS, zip, nada, they violated your rights, they had no reason to run your gun, they outright admitted to detention and threatened you with further action if you continued your legal right. Hmmmmm coercion? Isn't that a felony?

tombrewster421

Did I hear him call you a "commoner"? I guess he thinks he's your lord or something. It would have been funny to see how he would reply if you asked what RCW you would be in violation of for not concealing when you have a permit. You should definitely talk to Drew about this. Three cases I know of so far where PCSO's try to shove their opinion down others throats. Makes me want to leave Pierce County.

Tawnos

So... who wants to take a walk down a busy street in Pierce County when the weather gets a bit nicer?