• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jay Weber

HandyHamlet

I have never thought...

tumblr_leot0ybAtm1qdlkgg.gif

BrewTownBagger

In the 6 o clock hour, he was talking about conceal carry and how many people would actually do it on a daily basis. Long story short, he called anyone who wanted to carry on a daily basis a "gun zealot." Jay, you obviously know nothing about SB93. This bill is more than just handguns. It opens up the restrictions on electric devices and knives (don't know about chemical sprays).

I find it hard to believe he would say that, last week he talked about how he had already registered for his conceal carry training class through "Just Carry" and would be one of the first in line to get his permit. :eek:

protias

I find it hard to believe he would say that, last week he talked about how he had already registered for his conceal carry training class through "Just Carry" and would be one of the first in line to get his permit. :eek:
Speaking of that organization, I'm surprised Jay let him say it. I guess the guy just wanted a free plug without paying for advertisement.

TyGuy

Forgive me, but what restrictions on knives does it lift?

protias

Forgive me, but what restrictions on knives does it lift?

Since knives are not covered under 66.0409, municipalities can put restrictions on blade length (general speaking, 3" is okay to have).

iceman71

What about mace, pepper spray with UV dye, larger pepper spray cans, more potent pepper spray, etc? Are those covered in SB93/AR10?

Mace is illegal along with anything with dye. Has to be up to 18% capsaicinoid per A.S.T.A. 21.2 Go with the yellow label MK-3/First Defense from Striechers

Mlutz

If I thought I was going to need to defend myself, I would NOT go to the place the incident was going to happen. Or... Bring an AR... Just sayin'

PQ36

And yes, he's ignoring the provisions allowing people to carry whatever PPD suits them:
gun, knife, tazer...
though why someone would want a tazer when even the police admit they don't work is beyond me.
(One MPD post on FB noted that a suspect who was shooting at police was tazed first, kept shooting, then was shot.)

Tazers only work on LAC. Especially if you are 64 years old and asking PD to leave you alone so you can just go to bed. http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=197997 The tazer video tells the whole story. :mad:

ETA: Quoted from MKE gal (deleted that heading, sorry)

Last edited:

protias

At 9:17 this morning, he said anyone who carries all the time is a "kook." I didn't know wanting to defend yourself was kooky.