• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parking Lot incident

gmuguy

Thank you all for the feed back, Even tho I have not posted alot in the last year I read your post everyday and all of your advise and thoughts weigh deeply with me. I just hope im not put in a situation like that again anytime soon. I know I probably should not have thrown my hands up but I really wanted to give the guy the one finger salute lol

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thank you all for the feed back, Even tho I have not posted alot in the last year I read your post everyday and all of your advise and thoughts weigh deeply with me. I just hope im not put in a situation like that again anytime soon. I know I probably should not have thrown my hands up but I really wanted to give the guy the one finger salute lol

I thought that's just how you said howdy north of the Ni:banana:

Mr.+Bean+giving+the+finger+to+everyone+_d589197cc9efce6a8b23a9fe91b64cc9.gif

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
Hey Skid there are 7000 grains in a pound and the average car probably weighs about 3500 lbs. Which makes for a projectile of 24,500,000 grains. Not as big as Peter's guns but, it will do. ;-)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hey Skid there are 7000 grains in a pound and the average car probably weighs about 3500 lbs. Which makes for a projectile of 24,500,000 grains. Not as big as Peter's guns but, it will do. ;-)

Thanks for doing the math.

Now based on a 5MPH impact compute the foot-pounds of force. Be sure to show the conversion from MPH to Ft/sec.

stay safe.

EMNofSeattle

Thanks for doing the math.

Now based on a 5MPH impact compute the foot-pounds of force. Be sure to show the conversion from MPH to Ft/sec.

stay safe.

well a 3500 pound car moving at 5 miles per hour equals 2.9251e+3 (scalar) foot pounds of energy.

a 200 grain .45ACP FMJ at 840 fps equals only around 300 foot pounds (scalar) of energy.

TheQ

well a 3500 pound car moving at 5 miles per hour equals 2.9251e+3 (scalar) foot pounds of energy.

a 200 grain .45ACP FMJ at 840 fps equals only around 300 foot pounds (scalar) of energy.

Concentrate the force behind that car into a .45 diameter.

FreeInAZ

Good Job! The only thing I would suggest is if this ever happens again, call 911. First to cover your arse and second to get this nut off the road. If you described the incident to a dispatcher it does a couple of things: creates a record for you, ie the police often go by the unwritten rule of the first caller in a confrontation / fight is the victim. Second should a police car spot him driving erratically away from the area at a high rate of speed after your call, you can bet he's in for a felony prone stop. Something this guy needs in my opinion, as it is just a matter of time before he hurts someone, if he has not already?

On another note, just because you drove away from this dirt bag does not mean he is not a threat anymore. He could of just as easily drove after you down the road and watched for a chance to ambush you. If he did and you were forced to dispatch him to the nether world there would already be a record of you trying to get help to keep him away from you; clearly making him the aggressor and you the victim.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Thank goodness this has not deteriorated into a caliber war.

However, it might be headed for a sectional density war.

stay safe.

The old VW Bugs were practically ideal for this application, low density--they'd float--and just the right amount of power to get the job done. Who needs a Lincoln for self-defense, anyway?

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
The old VW Bugs were practically ideal for this application, low density--they'd float--and just the right amount of power to get the job done. Who needs a Lincoln for self-defense, anyway?

I guess it depends on whether you're talking about guided or unguided projectiles:banana:

Roscoe

Gary S

So something really out of the norm happened to me yesterday and I want to hear some of your all's take on it.

I was driving In a busy parking lot about 5mph when a SUV was barreling down the other side 25+ if I had to guess. He kinda swerved into my lane to try to make a wide turn into a spot acting like I was in his way so he threw up his hands at me. I returned throw up my hands as in "a what dude" type of statement. He slammed his car into park jumped out, I really didn't have a escape route. He screamed "dont you throw your hands up at me" fallowed by "Ill snap your F*cking neck and bash your face in" My pistol was right next to me between my seat and center console. Part of me wanted to draw it and tell him to back away to defuse the situation. The other was terrified to go for it fearing possible escalating the situation then being forced to use it.

I immediately stated "sir back away from my vehicle immediately" He approached more almost right at my window which was down. I stated again "sir back away from my vehicle immediately before I am forced to defend my self and call the police" at that point in time he started backing away cussing some more and I drove off.

What should I have done? should I have drawn on him? should I have called the police? should I have gotten out of my car? how did I handle it over all? just looking for input.

I had something like that happen to me, only it was in my neighborhood. I was coming home from work just turned into my housing addition and there is a truck in front of me. The driver has, i assumed, his wife or whoever sitting in the middle right next to him. We pull up to a 3way stop sign and he drives thru it not looking for any cars, after i stop i get behind him again only now he is stopped at a yield sign. After being behind him watching him make out with the female in the truck with him i tap my horn to let him know i was there, apparently he did not like having his kiss time interrupted, so he jumps out of his truck with what looks like a beer can he was holding, and as he walks up to my car yelling and cursing at me he reaches behind his back. I put my hand on my gun but kept it holstered as i told him he was making a very bad decision and needed to stop and return to his truck before i felt i had no other choice but to protect my self. He hesitated long enough that i was able to back up then drive around him but was close to hitting him with my car he jumped back in his truck and started to follow me. I don't know if the female talked him out of it or he saw the NRA stickers on my car, but he decide to stop and turn around.
Now i feel like you driving away was by far the best choice for you and i then to shoot some ignorant a hole who thinks they own the road, would it have been a justified shooting, most likely yes, but much better out come in my opinion. But for me had this guy decided to follow me to my home and starting another altercation, especially after what i felt was threatening my life i would have been ready to stop him.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I guess it depends on whether you're talking about guided or unguided projectiles:banana:

Roscoe

Yes. Quite right. For the ultimate in guided vehicular defense, you would want to use---wait for it---a bullet train.

On the other hand, if your're feeling a little Native American, you can use your Pierce-Arrow.

Of course, if you are a Dodge guy, then I think you'll want to consider something a little less powerful, but still effective for the task: the Dodge Dart. You just have to focus on shot placement because if he's a Plymouth guy and you only wound him, you might unleash his Fury.

:D

Last edited:

half_life1052

Speaking of shooting VW's

A Naval 16 in 50 caliber Mk7 gun shoots 2,000 pound rounds. This is about like shooting a VW.
bb-61-DNSC9103644_JPG.jpg
This will look familiar to Peter Nap as it is similar to loading his sidearms.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I can't help but notice the creepy hand in the bottom right :eek:

Like when drinking tea, the pinky is alway stuck out when activating the firing controls. Would you rather see them with their tongue sticking out the side of their mouth?:eek:

And I agree that te picture is somewhat like Peter Nap's guns - but his use more powder.

stay safe.