• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

George Zimmerman’s heroic car crash rescue appears to be a fraud – Updated

katsung47

Quote, "George Zimmerman’s heroic car crash rescue appears to be a fraud – Updated
By Dog Gone on 07/25/2013

What did occur was that an accident occurred where a car slid on it’s side into a median. People at the scene called 911, which went to the Sanford office of the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office. BEFORE responding to the 911 call, News Ball.com reports that Seminole Sheriff’s Dept. Officer Patrick Rehder, a self-styled friend and supporter of Zimmerman, contacted Zimmerman by cell phone directing him to go to the accident so as to appear to be a hero. News Ball.com also provides a social media screen capture of a curious statement about Rehder taking pleasure when someone gets credit for something they did not do.

Rehder’s name appears on the accident report as the responding officer; social media shows his connection to Zimmerman.

http://ivn.us/penigma/2013/07/25/george-zimmermans-heroic-car-crash-rescue-appears-to-be-a-fraud/

DarthBrute

You will also notice if you google "Zimmerman car crash fraud" you will get nothing but results from left wing websites.

Not one credible news agency (and I use that term loosely) such as MSNBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, Good Morning America, etc. has reported on this. So until more than 3 of those listed above report on this, it doesn't mean jack sh**. Except of course conspiracy theory crap.

KBCraig

You will also notice if you google "Zimmerman car crash fraud" you will get nothing but results from left wing websites.

Not one credible news agency (and I use that term loosely) such as MSNBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, Good Morning America, etc. has reported on this. So until more than 3 of those listed above report on this, it doesn't mean jack sh**. Except of course conspiracy theory crap.

Yep. That's why I haven't paid any attention to this, beyond noting that there are no citable facts or credible evidence, merely partisan glee.

I ignore conspiracy whackos whether they're moonbats, or wingnuts.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

^^This.

And to reinforce the comment -- does ANYone actually believe that if there was ANY substance to this outrageous "report" that the mainstream media, Sharpton and Jackson wouldn't be all over it?

eye95

The OP is a troll. He never posts on the topic of OC and gives no indication that he even owns a gun, let alone supports the RKBA or Liberty in general. He comes here every few weeks and unloads conspiracy theory crap that he gets elsewhere. It's like we are on his assigned "route."

It would be different if he stuck around and discussed his stuff or occasionally discussed OC, but he doesn't. He just drops a pantload and leaves.

The really disappointing thing about it is that I was led to believe that the staff was going to dispatch him, but they did not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I'm with the majority here. It doesn't even make sense. The meager benefits, if any, of faking the rescue are clearly outweighed by the potential consequences of any such fake being discovered. It's not like anyone is going to change their mind about Trayvon Martin because of it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Did everybody read the last sentence in the OP's link?

"It is also part of why there is opposition to the SYG laws that make it easier for someone to get away with homicide."

There is so much distortion there via the chosen verbiage. First and foremost SYG had nothing to do with the Zimmerman case - classic red herring.

Further the question isn't did someone "get away with homicide" but whether the act was justifiable or excusable = legal.
If you followed the link to the second article, then you saw the many misstatements, distortions and untruths contained therein.

Recognize the history of the OP as well - should you find posts/threads that are particularly egregious before I do, please PM me your concerns.

eye95

...should you find posts/threads that are particularly egregious before I do, please PM me your concerns.

Umm...all of this threads. He is a spamming troll. He never participates in discussions. What he does is every bit as wrong as a guy who stops by, drops off his advertisements, and leaves. This guy stops by, drops off his pantload of conspiracies that are his wares that he is selling, and leaves. Why he has not yet been banned is beyond me.

However, the last two times I said those precise bolded words, the poster disappeared shortly thereafter. I can only hope the streak continues.

<o>

EMNofSeattle

Umm...all of this threads. He is a spamming troll. He never participates in discussions. What he does is every bit as wrong as a guy who stops by, drops off his advertisements, and leaves. This guy stops by, drops off his pantload of conspiracies that are his wares that he is selling, and leaves. Why he has not yet been banned is beyond me.

However, the last two times I said those precise bolded words, the poster disappeared shortly thereafter. I can only hope the streak continues.

<o>

exactly, didn't they create a rule against disruptive users?

sounds to me like Katsung has been pretty disruptive...

bbMurphy

Not to mention storage. He usually uploads those ridiculous pics to go along with his Ex-Lax induced posts.

eye95

Good points. If I were the admins, not only would I ban him, but I'd go through and delete all of his threads and posts, and just watch the bandwidth use go down and the server space go up.

Personally, though. I think this troll is part of a conspiracy launched by the NSA to destroy a valuable resource for RKBA advocacy! Let me post a couple of hundred pictures and videos to support this wild contention.

<o>