• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will he rise again ?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I don't get it. Who he?

Loss Prevention!
Almost killed me in the elevator
smiley-laughing021.gif

glass_logo.png

Hundreds of activists on both sides of the gun control debate crammed into the General Assembly's office building Monday to lobby for or against measures addressing the issue.
Many of the gun rights activists were armed, which is legal under Virginia's concealed weapons law. The spectacle of armed men and women trolling the halls of the General Assembly makes some lawmakers nervous, especially those who represent areas of the state that generally support gun control.
John Pierce, cofounder of Open Carry.org, said he and other activists got into the same elevator as Senate Majority Leader Richard L. Saslaw (D-Fairfax) at one point on Monday.
According to Pierce, Saslaw said "I see we're debating a gun bill. Half of the cast of 'Deliverance' is in town," a reference to the 1972 movie about a group of friends who survive a canoe trip in rural Georgia.
In an interview today, Saslaw didn't deny he made the remark. But he added, "How do they know I was referring to them and not the other side? I never said anything other than we must be debating the gun bill. I never said which side. Some of those people must have one hell of an inferiority complex."

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Saslaw Drops his pants again

Instead of interviewing with a Virginia News Service concerning his insulting remark on Monday, Senator Saslaw ran back to mama and spoke to the Washington Post. He is one of THOSE people you know. WRVA asked for an interview yesterday.

The Senator asks how gun owners know it was referring
to them.

I have seen public figures squirm quite often, however, Saslaws squirming sets a new LOW. There were only three major groups there that day that you could have been talking about. The antigun people….but they are your buddies….the PRO GUN people, you are acting like it wasn’t them…or a group seeking funding for mentally handicaped people….That’s very, very low.

Senator, I hope you know that most of the state is laughing at you now!

Editor

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Laughing at you now????

Saslaw Drops his pants again

Instead of interviewing with a Virginia News Service concerning his insulting remark on Monday, Senator Saslaw ran back to mama and spoke to the Washington Post. He is one of THOSE people you know. WRVA asked for an interview yesterday.

The Senator asks how gun owners know it was referring
to them.

I have seen public figures squirm quite often, however, Saslaws squirming sets a new LOW. There were only three major groups there that day that you could have been talking about. The antigun people….but they are your buddies….the PRO GUN people, you are acting like it wasn’t them…or a group seeking funding for mentally handicaped people….That’s very, very low.

Senator, I hope you know that most of the state is laughing at you now!

Editor

Sorry, but every time he opens his mouth and inserts his foot he is laughed at. In simple terms, EVERY TIME he spews/speaks. He makes Tim Kaine look intelligent.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sorry, but every time he opens his mouth and inserts his foot he is laughed at. In simple terms, EVERY TIME he spews/speaks. He makes Tim Kaine look intelligent.
[strike]Cain[/strike] Kaine never was [strike]Able[/strike] able to speak more than two intelligent, noteworthy sentences in a row.

Saslaw has managed to equal that..............when he ordered his lunch.

Repeater

[strike]Cain[/strike] Kaine never was [strike]Able[/strike] able to speak more than two intelligent, noteworthy sentences in a row.

Saslaw has managed to equal that..............when he ordered his lunch.

Grape, you keep posting like that, someone is going to lose his lunch. :)