• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guitar Center in Canton Mich

warlockmatized

This was sent to me by a relative today. Thought I would pass it on. This is posted on the front door of Guitar Center in Canton Mich.

unnamedq.jpg

warlockmatized

With the events of this past Tuesday's shootings at the beer distributor I strongly suggest that anyone that reads this thread fire off an email to GC's corporate offices.

fozzy71

I also found that sign to be offensive, rude, and denigrating. Perhaps if I actually was a cowboy, I would think it was flattering?? :uhoh:

I just got off the phone with the manager in Canton and the OFFENSIVE sign has been removed.

Are they replacing it with a less OFFENSIVE sign? Or is CC/OC no longer prohibited?

Last edited:

warlockmatized

I also found that sign to be offensive, rude, and denigrating. Perhaps if I actually was a cowboy, I would think it was flattering?? :uhoh:

Are they replacing it with a less OFFENSIVE sign? Or is CC/OC no longer prohibited?

For now, the sign is down. One battle at a time. I am waiting on a call back. "tomorrow" was the quoted call back day/date. I have also fired off a very lengthy email to G.C. corporate offices to find out in fact what their exact policy is on firearms. As I find things out I will more than gladly share them with the group :)

I suggest others send email/call as well.

craigm

Don't know about you guys/gals, but the first thing I do when I grab my guitar is disarm. The nice scratch on the side of my vehicle taught me what that metal clip can do. The sign is a bit insulting, though. I've never been to a Guitar Center. Visited Elderly Instruments in Lansing and never felt I could want something they wouldn't have, though some of their prices are a bit higher.

craigm

Carry anyway and tell them the sign doesn't apply to you because you're not a cowboy.
:banana:
(Yes, it's a joke... the sign's gone.)

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Carry anyway and tell them the sign doesn't apply to you because you're not a cowboy.
:banana:
(Yes, it's a joke... the sign's gone.)

Why is it a joke, the sign clearly is only addressing "cowboys"?

Must be an Anti working there, though, since they are the people always bringing up the "wild west analogy" whenever reducing firearm restrictions is discussed.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I should make a sign that says:

Hey Guitar Center!

I'll buy my music equipment somewhere else!

then tape it next to their sign. :banana:

This reply is to tag line below your posts: in 1974 I was on a play ground with the other kids. In my defense I would frequently bring my "cork gun" to school for show & tell. This was in the days when the teacher didn't call the cops on a kid for bringing a toy to school. Nice to know Bailenforcer had our backs even back then.

;)

Last edited: