• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's hit this poll & show Anti's we are not the "tiny group" they say we are!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Let's hit this poll & show Anti's we are not the "tiny group" they say we are!

John posted this in the MI thread.

Any & all help is welcome.

Let's Hit This Royal Oaks Poll!!!

The poll is on the right!

http://www.freep.com/article/201008...erson-joins-fray-over-guns-at-Arts-Beats-Eats

This article also features one of the most asinine statements I have ever heard from an elected official.

We agree they have the right to open carry, but leave the festival alone. If they want to carry guns so badly, they should join the Army and go over to Afghanistan. They have a lot of big guns over there.

Last edited:

eye95

Works, now. Thanks.

On edit: Wouldn't a more intellectually honest way to phrase the question be, "Should people be denied the constitutional right to openly carry a properly holstered handgun at a festival?"

Last edited:

Earl_E_Vogel

Long-time lurker...had to respond to this one. We are still behind 2-1.

How ironic is it that this story is on page '2A' in the print edition?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Every time I try to vote the "No" total goes up - even though I'm casting a "Yes" vote. Coincidence? I wonder.

I also noticed that one may vote as many times as they can get the software to accept the vote - not every time was sucessfully registered. (Hey! At least I learned something from Chicago politics. :>)

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
False Poll - it's rigged!

Every time I try to vote the "No" total goes up - even though I'm casting a "Yes" vote. Coincidence? I wonder.

I also noticed that one may vote as many times as they can get the software to accept the vote - not every time was sucessfully registered. (Hey! At least I learned something from Chicago politics. :>)

stay safe.

No mater which way I voted, the "no" vote increased.

3 yes votes + 1 no vote increased the "no" total by 4.

You can vote anyway you like, but they will get the results they want and w/o hanging chads.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Try this!

No mater which way I voted, the "no" vote increased.

3 yes votes + 1 no vote increased the "no" total by 4.

You can vote anyway you like, but they will get the results they want and w/o hanging chads.

Check this out I got their game now - GO get'em Guys:

They are cheating on the poll! WTF? Free Press can't even set up a fair poll!

They are SPIKING this poll. I watched their numbers [Anti-2A] jump unrealistically over a short span & figured out what they are doing: I suggest fighting fire with fire.

Fire Fox web browser
1. vote
2. hit Ctrl,Shift, Del. (all at once) [clears cookies]. Then hit enter key.
3. hit F5 [refreshes/reloads page] so you can click "yes" vote again.
Repeat - this can be done very quickly! I suggest when in a dirty fight - fight dirty!

(I watched their #'s jump by 500 votes in less than 20 min. this morning?)

Last edited:

Hendu024

Frustrating

There are so many of these stupid polls out there that these online newspapers set up it's not even worth trying to keep up with it. It was already said, the anti's will always get the results they want. I bet if nobody responded at all and there were 10,000 No votes and 0 Yes votes, it would make them look even more ridiculous.

jt59

Well, I tested the theory...it seems to be working just fine now...I voted 10 times and it counted every one....:idea: