• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a New Bank!

logan

Campaign Veteran
Moving to Greeley in a couple weeks from WI. I will need a new bank. If anyone can list off some carry friendly banks, then I can see what's in Greeley, compare rates/benefits and such and then choose a bank.

I don't want to end up finding a bank online and filling out an application or something, then get to the bank to find out they don't support my rights to carry.

I currently have a credit card and car loan through Chase Bank, and I saw a Chase Bank in Greeley while visiting. Anybody have any info on them? What about 1st National Bank. I had a credit card through them once and they were nice. The checking/savings accounts seem better than Chase.

Last edited:

Half Live

Im not sure about their carry policy but I bank at Bellco Credit Union and love them. I have a car loan and a credit card with them and they are both lower rates then what Chase offered me.

ooghost1oo

I would recommend against doing business with any banks that participated in the bailouts, as they are on the way to getting nationalized: http://bailout.propublica.org/main/list/index

I'd also avoid Chase based on personal principle. They screwed me with a credit card account with no reason to, and they care absolutely nothing about customer service.

And US Bank: http://eddiepatin.com/pblog/index.php?entry=entry091115-102254

I opened an account with First Bank of Colorado, because they're local (but also large), won't take gov't money, and didn't have a problem with me OC'ing in there the one time I did.

carracer

Do a search on Chase bank. They are EXTREMELY anti 2a. They won't even do a small bus. loan for anything firearms related. It is corporate policy.

I bank with US Bank here in Idaho. Locally friendly to oc and one of the idaho forum members is a manager at one of the local branches. Welcomes oc into his bank!

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
I've always banked with Wells Fargo and I've never had a problem since I moved up here open carrying into one of the many branches here.