• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canadian Family faces home seizure

protias

Please send donations to the Montague's so they can keep their home.

[video=youtube;xJQOQP4FcaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJQOQP4FcaQ[/video]

TOF

A little more information would help us understand what is going on. All I heard was a plea for money without explanation of why it is needed and specificaly what it is to be spent on.

protias

A little over a year ago, Katey's father had let his firearms ownership card expire. Since then, he was charged with owning firearms without his extra tax. Since then, the government is now trying to seize their home.

I've followed their story for some time now, but I forget some of the details. If you watch her earlier videos, she tells the whole story.

eye95

I am sure if we asked the folks who are doing the seizure why, they'd say something other than "because we can." I'd need a lot more information than is available in this thread before I'd contribute. And I ain't gonna look for it anyplace else.

It appears on the surface that a rogue government is oppressing an innocent family. Appears. I don't know. And I act on "know" not "appears."

Furthermore, this is happening in Canada. If their system is not based on the sovereignty of the individual (I have no idea), what is happening may well be unjust, but perfectly lawful. It would be up to the Canadians to fix their system if that is the underlying problem.

Gunslinger

I am sure if we asked the folks who are doing the seizure why, they'd say something other than "because we can." I'd need a lot more information than is available in this thread before I'd contribute. And I ain't gonna look for it anyplace else.

It appears on the surface that a rogue government is oppressing an innocent family. Appears. I don't know. And I act on "know" not "appears."

Furthermore, this is happening in Canada. If their system is not based on the sovereignty of the individual (I have no idea), what is happening may well be unjust, but perfectly lawful. It would be up to the Canadians to fix their system if that is the underlying problem.

I would guess seizure is based upon not paying the Crown money. Not much different from taking property for back taxes or judgements here. Canada has become a 3rd world country since they let the French first separatist Quebec aholes push gun laws on them and let the military drift further downward. And not support us in Iraqi Freedom. Too bad, but my concern is with our rights in the US, not other countries' draconian anti-gun laws or gutless foreign policy.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I would not waste a single nickel on these people, that's what you get for living in the UK a Totalitarian Monarchy maybe the Queen will help them out.. They looked pretty well off in those pictures Now Maybe if they don't like how their Government is treating them it could be time they have there own armed Revolution, like we had here 230+ years ago... F Canada

Last edited:

eye95

I would not waste a single nickel on these people, that's what you get for living in the UK a Totalitarian Monarchy maybe the Queen will help them out.. They looked pretty well off in those pictures Now Maybe if they don't like how their Government is treating them it could be time they have there own armed Revolution, like we had here 230+ years ago... [vulgarity deleted]

Canada is not part of the UK.

Those who live in Canada do not live in the UK.

The UK is not a totalitarian monarchy.

I agree that it is up to the Canadian people to throw off whatever oppressions they suffer. However, the cause of convincing others of this point is better served without over-the-top hyperbole.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

The "Crown" is still the official term for "the people" in legal proceedings. And "Royal" is still a prefix for a lot of government stuff. West of Quebec, it's not too bad--farther west, the better.

buster81

The "Crown" refers to the Crown Attorney, or Crown Prosecutor and represents the entity of the government. They are not the people.

The Queen is represented in Canada by David Johnston. If you can believe it, his official title is "His Excellency". While the Queen may not impose her will directly, the Governor General does have some power within Parliament.