• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man killed by CC'er

franco0341

I was wanting to get yall's opinion on this story from this morning's RJ. While the details aren't completely clear, and I posted a comment under the handle "FCortés", I say the situation would not have escalated as it did if the alleged murderer was open carrying. I say alleged because they don't specify what kind of toy helicopter allegedly attacked him.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/man-shot-t...ex-named-146702575.html?viewAllComments=y&c=y

odesskiy

Is it me or, is nowhere in the article there is any mention of CCW? Granted, if the shooter did not possess one, putting a loaded gun in the briefcase would have been illegal.

I was wanting to get yall's opinion on this story from this morning's RJ. While the details aren't completely clear, and I posted a comment under the handle "FCortés", I say the situation would not have escalated as it did if the alleged murderer was open carrying. I say alleged because they don't specify what kind of toy helicopter allegedly attacked him.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/man-shot-t...ex-named-146702575.html?viewAllComments=y&c=y

28kfps

It would appear to me this story is full of holes. He had a 9 mm handgun in a briefcase and was pushing a cart containing extra magazines and ammunition? In a seniors apartment building? Sounds like someone heading to an all day training session at the range. If having it for self-defense why not CCW if permited, with an extra mag or OC it, if allowed in the apartment with the extra mag.
It would appear to me these guys were on a “I will show him mission” ended up meeting in the hallway with their toys just to aggravate each other. Roger apparently took it more seriously.
I am sure Roger will be obligated to defend himself to the same level as any none prominent citizen.