• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Legalizing Weed Obama's Secret Weapon, his October Surprise? AtlanticWire/Drudge

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/06/legalizing-weed-obamas-secret-weapon/53504/
This year there's another incumbent president with modest approval ratings who could turn out his base with controversial ballot measures. But this time, the issue features no biblical or scatological imagery. In 2012, voters in swing states will decide whether they'll allow their fellow citizens to bear joints. Unlike the gay marriage votes, there's no indication that Obama's re-election team is behind any of the pot legalization initiatives, but there are Democrats who are hoping that it will boost turnout among weed's biggest fans: young people.
What is the last most recent case of personal use prosecuted by the feds, the DEABATFICEDHS? Bless the Bitter Clingers.

Sig229

Most of the folks I knew who smoked weed didnt vote. Not all of them of course, but most.
Marijuana user's for the most part are usually fed up with both political parties and rather not take part in the circus.

Ospy

If he thinks he can appeal to all the stoners and that will put him over the top on race day, good luck with that. "They got stoned and missed it"