• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurants in Mesa/Gilbert that are okay with carry?

The Trickster

Looking to expand my personal list of eateries in the East Valley (Mesa/Gilbert area) that are okay with OC/CC. Any suggestions? I'm also interested in writing to those who have a problem with it, so feel free to share them with me as well if you'd like.

Thanks.

FreeInAZ

Well a couple of points - never ask permission if it is not posted & you know it's legal to carry there. This just gives somone like the under-assistant to the fry cook a chance to invoke power they don't really have. If you are CCing well - then you should be the only one who ever knows. :p Contacting places that are anti carry is usually a exercise in futility. They just don't get my money, or my families, or the friends of the afore mentioned. In the past some OCers have organized large OC outings at places they liked & sent the receipts to a place nearby that was anti explaining that they would love to try the place but cannot due to personal saftey concerns. From what l'm told none of them have changed or posted security. :rolleyes:

On the otherhand most fast food places T-bell, McD's, Arby's take the tact of: we honor state laws - so they would be OC friendly here in AZ. Keep us updated on your adventures. :D

ETA- Forgot starbuck's as a OC friendly place..despite the Brady bunch crying up a storm, and trying to boycott them - they have stuck with the follow state law model & have seen their profits steadily grow. ;)

Last edited:

The Trickster

Well a couple of points - never ask permission if it is not posted & you know it's legal to carry there. This just gives somone like the under-assistant to the fry cook a chance to invoke power they don't really have. If you are CCing well - then you should be the only one who ever knows. :p Contacting places that are anti carry is usually a exercise in futility. They just don't get my money, or my families, or the friends of the afore mentioned. In the past some OCers have organized large OC outings at places they liked & sent the receipts to a place nearby that was anti explaining that they would love to try the place but cannot due to personal saftey concerns. From what l'm told none of them have changed or posted security. :rolleyes:

On the otherhand most fast food places T-bell, McD's, Arby's take the tact of: we honor state laws - so they would be OC friendly here in AZ. Keep us updated on your adventures. :D

ETA- Forgot starbuck's as a OC friendly place..despite the Brady bunch crying up a storm, and trying to boycott them - they have stuck with the follow state law model & have seen their profits steadily grow. ;)

I agree; I never ask a place directly if they are okay with OC/CC beforehand. However, if the place is posted or I am asked to leave/remove my weapon, I almost always complain to the appropriate upper-echelon. I have had success in the past with this approach, as last year my complaint prompted the owner of the Carraba's at Superstition Springs to take down his sign. I stand by my conviction that no guns = no money.

FreeInAZ

I agree; I never ask a place directly if they are okay with OC/CC beforehand. However, if the place is posted or I am asked to leave/remove my weapon, I almost always complain to the appropriate upper-echelon. I have had success in the past with this approach, as last year my complaint prompted the owner of the Carraba's at Superstition Springs to take down his sign. I stand by my conviction that no guns = no money.

Outstanding! Well done. :cool: