• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Minnesota Crime Spilling Into Western Wisconsin

Law abider

There were two incidences that took place recently that may change the perception of our law enforcement officers regarding open carry here. Hudson and Prescott are quiet communities on the StCroix river. They do get traffic on the weekends when Minnesotans visit the towns. During the summer months bikers come through riding the great river road. leos and deputies are more active during this season. Usual arrests are related to drunk driving and intoxicated fights spilling out into the streets or rival biker gangs wanting a fight out. My leo buddy warned an Iraqi war veteran bike gang leader to take his fights elsewhere. Otherwise it is all quiet on the western front. Yes we have had to grapple with the meth issue in the past and now it seems that pot is on the rise amongst teens. Now we are facing shootouts from our not so nice neighbors. I wonder if OCing in Hudson will cause 911 calls to the HPD.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/content/assault-rifles-found-during-search-warrant-prescott

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/c...-injured-hudson-shooting-two-suspects-custody

chowda

nyuk nyuk nyuk.
People need to finally accept that criminal gangs have been colonizing areas in WI since, well from my experience 1982. Get a map out and get a major urban area, then anywhere within a 30 mile radius will be infested. From the same urban area, go out the transportation arteries and the medium sized towns will be colonized. Look at the twin cities (thats minneapolis/st. paul for those clueless about this area yet still want to tell us how things are here) and overlay on a map what I just said. Talk to the cops in those towns and check back with us.
Ask about all gang activity rochester, lacrosse, wausau, and of course, our favorite twin cities hunter chai vang.

At the other end of the state, the chicago/milwaukee areas, follow the crime waves and colonizing up the interstates, then get back with us.

Open carry may make you feel good, but if you want to protect yourself (or others), concealed carry of pistols is best. Oh, and don't stick around if you have to defend yourself, if you get the chance, leave. Why do I say such strange things? Because we live in orwellian strange times where if you are forced to use deadly force to defend your life, if the person is a member of a protected class, the federal government will come down upon you and bankrupt you, make you lose your job, etc. at best.

JoeSparky

Centurion
nyuk nyuk nyuk.
People need to finally accept that criminal gangs have been colonizing areas in WI since, well from my experience 1982. Get a map out and get a major urban area, then anywhere within a 30 mile radius will be infested. From the same urban area, go out the transportation arteries and the medium sized towns will be colonized. Look at the twin cities (thats minneapolis/st. paul for those clueless about this area yet still want to tell us how things are here) and overlay on a map what I just said. Talk to the cops in those towns and check back with us.
Ask about all gang activity rochester, lacrosse, wausau, and of course, our favorite twin cities hunter chai vang.

At the other end of the state, the chicago/milwaukee areas, follow the crime waves and colonizing up the interstates, then get back with us.

Open carry may make you feel good, but if you want to protect yourself (or others), concealed carry of pistols is best. Oh, and don't stick around if you have to defend yourself, if you get the chance, leave. Why do I say such strange things? Because we live in orwellian strange times where if you are forced to use deadly force to defend your life, if the person is a member of a protected class, the federal government will come down upon you and bankrupt you, make you lose your job, etc. at best.

Any cite to justify/support this claim that you've made as a statement seemingly of fact: "concealed carry of pistols is best"?

IF you feel that in YOUR opinion concealed is best FOR YOU, then state it as your opinion. I don't care HOW you or anyone else carries within the law. I also wish the "law" didn't INFRINGE on our right to keep and bear arms.

Last edited:

chowda

Any cite to justify/support this claim that you've made as a statement seemingly of fact: "concealed carry of pistols is best"?

IF you feel that in YOUR opinion concealed is best FOR YOU, then state it as your opinion. I don't care HOW you or anyone else carries within the law. I also wish the "law" didn't INFRINGE on our right to keep and bear arms.

Funny you missed the first part of my sentence, the " if you want to protect yourself (or others)..."
Pretty simple. If 4 gangbangers from the twin cities (minn/stpl, large urban area) are walking down the street in wausau (that's in central wisconsin, smaller town) and are looking to victimize someone and they see you with a remington 742 slung on your shoulder, they just walk up behind you and shoot you in the head. Or they keep their hands in their pockekts on their pistols and as they walk up to the front of you, when close enough, pull out their pistols and shoot you a couple of times. Now they run or steal your stuff or go on to assault others.

If you have a firearm and it's hidden, they don't know if you have one, nor do they know if the couple walking on the other side of the street are carrying 'high capacity' pistols, etc. So they can't categorize the threat levels around them other than to just guess.

Or did you just ask me a trick question?

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Funny you missed the first part of my sentence, the " if you want to protect yourself (or others)..."
Pretty simple. If 4 gangbangers from the twin cities (minn/stpl, large urban area) are walking down the street in wausau (that's in central wisconsin, smaller town) and are looking to victimize someone and they see you with a remington 742 slung on your shoulder, they just walk up behind you and shoot you in the head. Or they keep their hands in their pockekts on their pistols and as they walk up to the front of you, when close enough, pull out their pistols and shoot you a couple of times. Now they run or steal your stuff or go on to assault others.

If you have a firearm and it's hidden, they don't know if you have one, nor do they know if the couple walking on the other side of the street are carrying 'high capacity' pistols, etc. So they can't categorize the threat levels around them other than to just guess.

Or did you just ask me a trick question?

And just how many incidents can you refer too where this has actually happened? or is it just the apocryphal restating of "if you OC, you will just be the first to be shot"? I note that you seem to be referring to a long gun carry. IS open carry of handguns illegal in that location?

Franky

There were two incidences that took place recently that may change the perception of our law enforcement officers regarding open carry here. Hudson and Prescott are quiet communities on the StCroix river. They do get traffic on the weekends when Minnesotans visit the towns. During the summer months bikers come through riding the great river road. leos and deputies are more active during this season. Usual arrests are related to drunk driving and intoxicated fights spilling out into the streets or rival biker gangs wanting a fight out. My leo buddy warned an Iraqi war veteran bike gang leader to take his fights elsewhere. Otherwise it is all quiet on the western front. Yes we have had to grapple with the meth issue in the past and now it seems that pot is on the rise amongst teens. Now we are facing shootouts from our not so nice neighbors. I wonder if OCing in Hudson will cause 911 calls to the HPD.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/content/assault-rifles-found-during-search-warrant-prescott

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/c...-injured-hudson-shooting-two-suspects-custody

Does your leo buddy discuss police business with you often?

chowda

And just how many incidents can you refer too where this has actually happened? or is it just the apocryphal restating of "if you OC, you will just be the first to be shot"?
lol. I've been to utah, slc. It's a nice place. Can you tell me when your carrying a firearm has stopped a crime in affluent, almost all white utah? I'm trying to educate you on how things are in high crime areas, so bear with me. If you walk down a street in large city X in a high crime area with your winchester 94 on your back, yeah, you will be left alone. Know why? People will look at you like you're a cop and/or a setup to arrest them. You do know the WWII pistol, the liberator was designed to 'assassinate' someone at close range when they're not looking, no? Bear with me as I"m trying to relate it to something in the books or movies.

I note that you seem to be referring to a long gun carry. IS open carry of handguns illegal in that location?
No, I'm just trying to relate the real life world here, gang vermin colonizing other areas. Ever been in a fight with urban people in an urban area? Doesn't seem like you know much about urban areas, so I guess for others here in the same situation, I'll splain it a few rules:
1. If you fight one person and their friends are around, they will all jump on you. Fighting one on one is only for a certain cultural segment and died with john wayne movies.
2. If you've ever been in any shooting affair in an urban area, it's a 360 affair. If you walk in open carrying and there are some folks there looking to mug someone, they'll probably let you slide...probably....only because they think you're a cop and it's a setup. If they're buzzed or brave or don't give an obama, they'll wait until they have the advantage, then as someone is talking to you, their friend will come up behind you and shoot you in the head.

I've also been to park city utah. Now that's a nice place, a lot better than vail, but smaller. What I didn't like about salt lake city is no liquor stores. Didn't know if it was just where I was at or what, but it was dry and quiet. But that's life in the big urban area of utah, so it's probably more diverse and wild elsewhere.

chowda

Spilling over just as John Lott predicted in MGLC.
I'd defer to economics of gang colonizing for money. My experience is most people in WI are very nice and also very ignorant of urban fecal matter. The urban gang vermin go to the satellite cities around the larger cesspools because it's a smaller police force there, less resources and more timid people. This is why places like mazomanie and cottage grove have ah, people from chicago that get into troubled there. There's nothing there for them, but a white girl to rent a house/apt for them. This is also why the mexican drug cartels target indian reservations...away from the mainstream law.

Pretty simple stuff if one thinks about it from a business standpoint. LEOs will tell you the same, unless they're some rural gomers that don't have a clue. Heck, ask a rochester cop where all of their crime comes from and I'm sure the twin cities will come out first. Or someone in lacrosse.

But what the heck do I know, I've only been to utah three times.

JoeSparky

Centurion
lol. I've been to utah, slc. It's a nice place. Can you tell me when your carrying a firearm has stopped a crime in affluent, almost all white utah? I'm trying to educate you on how things are in high crime areas, so bear with me. If you walk down a street in large city X in a high crime area with your winchester 94 on your back, yeah, you will be left alone. Know why? People will look at you like you're a cop and/or a setup to arrest them. You do know the WWII pistol, the liberator was designed to 'assassinate' someone at close range when they're not looking, no? Bear with me as I"m trying to relate it to something in the books or movies.

No, I'm just trying to relate the real life world here, gang vermin colonizing other areas. Ever been in a fight with urban people in an urban area? Doesn't seem like you know much about urban areas, so I guess for others here in the same situation, I'll splain it a few rules:
1. If you fight one person and their friends are around, they will all jump on you. Fighting one on one is only for a certain cultural segment and died with john wayne movies.
2. If you've ever been in any shooting affair in an urban area, it's a 360 affair. If you walk in open carrying and there are some folks there looking to mug someone, they'll probably let you slide...probably....only because they think you're a cop and it's a setup. If they're buzzed or brave or don't give an obama, they'll wait until they have the advantage, then as someone is talking to you, their friend will come up behind you and shoot you in the head.

I've also been to park city utah. Now that's a nice place, a lot better than vail, but smaller. What I didn't like about salt lake city is no liquor stores. Didn't know if it was just where I was at or what, but it was dry and quiet. But that's life in the big urban area of utah, so it's probably more diverse and wild elsewhere.

So, with your assumption the location data in my profile is accurate you are making assumptions of my life experience AGAIN as done in another thread but----

YOU HAVEN"T PROVIDED THE REQUESTED CITE---- EVEN some links to NEWS articles detailing your allegations of the OC'er will only be the first to be shot.

chowda

That would explain why cops do it.
Oh, wait...

Wow, I think we are approaching the upper levels of silly here. But I guess that's a common occurrence when people discuss things in theory vs. how things are in reality.

chowda

YOU HAVEN"T PROVIDED THE REQUESTED CITE---- EVEN some links to NEWS articles detailing your allegations of the OC'er will only be the first to be shot.

I make my assumptions about you by what you ask for, and what you ask for is a reflection of your experiences in life. Circular, which I guess is why we are stuck in this spot.

If you have ever spent any time in high crime urban areas or as of late, been in other areas being colonized by the urban youth from high crime areas, you would know that data like what you are asking for is non existent. Why? Because all parties that can, flee. And of course, nobody seen nothing. A lot of times the blacks would think I'm a cop because I was the only white around, and throw on an OC pistol and everyone would 'know' I'm a cop and if I'm out alone, walking down the street, I'd be given nothing but leery looks as it's some kind of setup by the popo. In assaults/fights, the ones gone after first are ones people think have the weapon. This culture is pure predatory, so you will never get anything resembling a 'fair fight'. If you want to sit down and drink your coffee with you nice 'glock' on your hip in plain sight, better hope that someone isn't calculating how they can get it because someone and their friend could walk up to you and chat while someone else comes up behind you and takes their 40 to separate you from life, then they got your 'glock' and off they go. This story won't even make the newspapers or evening news though.

You two can do whatever you want, obviously. For those that haven't experienced the many wonders of this world, I will just put forth some of my experiences. I don't care if you believe them, really. Nor anyone else. Just putting out there that theories sometimes aren't very reflective of realities and just because someone doesn't know of something, or read of something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

:dude:

Fuller Malarkey

Wow, I think we are approaching the upper levels of silly here. But I guess that's a common occurrence when people discuss things in theory vs. how things are in reality.

All you need to do is substantiate "reality". So far, all you've done is stir dust and yap. We can get a Chihuahua to do that.

chowda

All you need to do is substantiate "reality".
Why?
This reminds me of the iraq/afghanistan wars, when it was stated part of the reason for them were because of terrorist training/bases, the people against the war (usually liberal/progressives) would keep demanding proof of this, so much so that the joke was they'd not be satisfied until they were provided with the full name, dob, home town and phone number of every terrorist in those places.
Or course, from their basement, that'd still not satisfy them.

You can do whatever you want. Really, I don't care what you do. I fail to see why you and some others need me to validate your beliefs.

Fuller Malarkey

Why?
This reminds me of the iraq/afghanistan wars, when it was stated part of the reason for them were because of terrorist training/bases, the people against the war (usually liberal/progressives) would keep demanding proof of this, so much so that the joke was they'd not be satisfied until they were provided with the full name, dob, home town and phone number of every terrorist in those places.
Or course, from their basement, that'd still not satisfy them.

You can do whatever you want. Really, I don't care what you do. I fail to see why you and some others need me to validate your beliefs.

Red Herring much? :lol:

Franky

All you need to do is substantiate "reality". So far, all you've done is stir dust and yap. We can get a Chihuahua to do that.

For your housekeeping concerns I suggest Swiffer products. If you are afflicted with a problem associated with your moniker I suggest milk of magnesia.:)

Fuller Malarkey

For your housekeeping concerns I suggest Swiffer products. If you are afflicted with a problem associated with your moniker I suggest milk of magnesia.:)

Your suggestions address the symptoms. I like to direct my efforts towards the cause.

Now. You got any substantiating evidence to a referred to "reality" or are you just raising dust and yapping?