• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vehicle Carry

Ken56

This is the odd ball thing in TN gun law. TN is a carry by license only state, EXCEPT IN YOUR VEHICLE. Go figure. This law was only recently adopted because of all the tourists that come here, alot of them armed, so to increase tourism they change it so everybody (those without a CC license from another state) can come here with their guns as long as they keep it in the car, ready and waiting to be stolen. Brilliant. TN has a lot of work to do in regards to infringements on our carry rights. For a predominantly conservative republican state you would think they would embrace liberty and freedom a bit more than is reflected in their carry laws. I guess its too big a cash generator to do away with the licensing.

Last edited: