• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A few questions about OC & CC

strife1013

Hello guys

First off a little bit about me and new to the forums. Ex-military, currently a graduate student working on my Master's degree in Criminology. Bought my first handgun on Monday a Glock 23C and turned in my CC permit application today, I am unsure the turnaround date on that here in Colorado Springs where I live if anyone has any experience with that I would like to know the “average” time it takes. I also had a few questions about where I can carry with a CC permit or OC if I decide I want to OC. The security and alcohol question had me wondering if restaurants that do have a bar such as Chilies, Red Robin, Nosh, etc… if I am allowed to OC. I often get movies, games and shop at Best Buy and was wondering since they have “security” if that place doesn’t allow you to carry a firearm. I haven’t seen any signs that state otherwise so I would assume all is well. Just would like to get more familiar with Colorado Springs and carrying a firearm. Would Garden of the Gods be off limits as well, city parks?? I did read all the material that came with my permit application however some of it can very grey which is why I am asking.

Thank you

jhco50

I open carry in these places. My son and I were in Best Buy just a week ago asking for directions and then looking at movies. They were friendly and so were we.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I am unsure the turnaround date on that here in Colorado Springs...

Expect the maximum time allowed by law.

I also had a few questions about where I can carry with a CC permit or OC if I decide I want to OC.

Details have been posted countless times. My best recommendation is to redirect you to Rocky Mountain Gun Owners: RMGO
Tons of links to laws on both open and concealed carry.

The security and alcohol question had me wondering if restaurants that do have a bar such as Chilies, Red Robin, Nosh, etc… if I am allowed to OC. I often get movies, games and shop at Best Buy and was wondering since they have “security” if that place doesn’t allow you to carry a firearm.

Colorado State Law allows you to OC in any establishment, whether they serve alcohol or not.

Would Garden of the Gods be off limits as well...

Nope! I hike there weekly, have carried there many times, including thrice meeting local LEO, and the law is the law.

I did read all the material that came with my permit application however some of it can very grey which is why I am asking.

Study the RMGO links. They're educational.