• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy from screwed in D.C.

Sonora Rebel

(make that) Guy from Marana screwed in D.C.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=118494&catid=158

Typically myopic statements from the east. Poor Patocks' prob'ly ignorant of the bed wetter mentality that exists there. They spelled it wrong. It's 'Marana' connected to Tucson at the hip to the northwest. We carry guns here. We've carried guns in AZ since before there was an AZ. It's a right... y'know... that 2A thing you've been denied since the Civil War? He's prob'ly been carryin' a gun so long it's become second nature. 'Part of gettin' dressed. All in all... I can see this cop figured if the vehicle was AZ tagged... it 'might' have guns. Insufficant RAS... and no reason to toss the truck. 4A violation.

He may have thought he was legal under by the Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA), Public Law No. 99-308, 100 Stat. 449 (May 19, 1986), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq. 'Persons traveling from one place to another cannot be incarcerated for a firearms offense in a state that has strict gun control laws if the traveler is just passing through (short stops for food and gas) and the firearms and ammunition are not immediately accessible, unloaded and, in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment, in a locked container.' Not that such a fine detail would make any difference to the jack boot thug mentality that exists in D.C./MD. 'Hope he sues!

Last edited:

Chaingun81

(make that) Guy from Marana screwed in D.C.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=118494&catid=158

Typically myopic statements from the east. Poor Patocks' prob'ly ignorant of the bed wetter mentality that exists there. They spelled it wrong. It's 'Marana' connected to Tucson at the hip to the northwest. We carry guns here. We've carried guns in AZ since before there was an AZ. It's a right... y'know... that 2A thing you've been denied since the Civil War? He's prob'ly been carryin' a gun so long it's become second nature. 'Part of gettin' dressed. All in all... I can see this cop figured if the vehicle was AZ tagged... it 'might' have guns. Insufficant RAS... and no reason to toss the truck. 4A violation.

He may have thought he was legal under by the Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA), Public Law No. 99-308, 100 Stat. 449 (May 19, 1986), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq. 'Persons traveling from one place to another cannot be incarcerated for a firearms offense in a state that has strict gun control laws if the traveler is just passing through (short stops for food and gas) and the firearms and ammunition are not immediately accessible, unloaded and, in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment, in a locked container.' Not that such a fine detail would make any difference to the jack boot thug mentality that exists in D.C./MD. 'Hope he sues!

Poor fellow. I feel bad for him. I'm lucky enough to live on the VA side of the river, but I can see DC from my office window. Every day I drive to work I take the last exit off the belway before entering MD. Living in NOVA we still get to enjoy gun rights of a free state, but we have to be constantly aware of our unfriendly neighbours. I always have to pay attention, because such a silly mistake as missing my exit on the way to work, would make me commit a felony in MD by doing nothing else than simply driving over this invisible line. Now that's how you know the law is really ****** up!

GWbiker

Traveling thru Washington DC with a firearm is a crap shoot with loaded dice... From the NRA site, the following....

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Caution: In general, no one may possess a firearm within the District without a valid registration certificate. No such registration is available for .50 BMG rifles or so-called “assault weapons.” The District also bans the possession of magazines (except those for .22 caliber rimfire ammunition) with a capacity of more than 10 rounds or that can be readily converted or restored to accept more than 10 rounds, as well as the possession of ammunition without a firearms registration certificate. The certificate requirement does not apply to nonresidents who are “participating in any lawful recreational firearm-related activity within the District, or on [their] way to or from such activity in another jurisdiction.” To qualify for this exception, a person must, upon demand of a law enforcement officer, “exhibit proof that he is on his way to or from such activity” and that the person’s possession of the firearm is lawful in the person’s place of residence. The person must also be transporting the firearm from a place where the person may lawfully possess and carry it to another place where the person may lawfully possess and carry it, the firearm must be unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition may be readily or directly accessible from the automobile’s passenger compartment, or if the vehicle does not have a separate trunk, the firearm or ammunition must be kept in a locked container.

Maybe this Marana guy is a nut case, but I'll bet his actions down here would not present the same hysteria his weapons caused in DC.

Chaingun81

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13448240

This guy might be a nutcase... The statements are hearsay (at best) but sure ain't doin' this guy any favors.

Yeah, if these statements are true and there were in fact propane tanks wired to batteries in his truck, then I don't feel bad for him anymore. This guy is no regular country tourist on a journey to nation's Capital who didn't realize how screwed up the laws are...

Sonora Rebel

Whoops. More stuff than originally reported. These people call themselves journalists? 'Appears to be a nutjob with those tanks... but depends on what somebody is callin' 'wires' amy be feed lines to a gas stove. The ID's are another thing altogether. Even so... just the guns would not cause a ripple here.

GWbiker

Reports from various news outlets here (KGUN), Phoenix and DC are a mix of confused details and mostly heresay crap from Marana guy's former neighbors and DC Park Police.

IMHO, the NRA being close by should get off their collective a$$e$ and send a lawyer to help defend this guy in court before he's made an example by the DC anti gun mob.

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

Stick a fork in him... he's done. By the time the media get done butchering the facts... he'll be made out as the Unibomber on wheels. Bein' from AZ don't help none... not to the eastern mentality.