• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do not patronize On Duty Gear Port Huron

sprinklerguy28

Here is a letter received from On Duty Gear in Port Huron when I questioned them banning non-LEOs from carrying in their store.

Thank you for your email in reference to your concern for our No Firearms Sign.

We formed this business to serve those who serve and protect us, but we have certainly enjoyed meeting individuals from the private sector and assisting them with finding a quality holster that suits their needs.

Unfortunately, we do not know who has actually been trained with the weapon they carry, or if they are simply carrying "because they can". We have had more than one incident here where "lawfully carrying" individuals have pulled their gun out of their pants/coat or holster and laid it on the counter pointed at my personnel. When a private citizen, exercising their 2nd Amendment freedom, uses bad judgment it also makes all of you look bad. We do not need to see your gun in order to order your holster. Further, if private citizens feel the need to carry their weapon in our store for their protection, we choose our right to refuse service.

While it is unfortunate that we could not come to an amicable solution, I appreciate you contacting us to voice your concern. If you could please pass along to your membership, I would be grateful.

Best Regards,

Paul S. Riddell
President
On Duty Gear, LLC
www.ondutygear.com
888-880-4441 Toll Free
810-966-3445 Direct

ManInBlack

"We formed this business to serve those who serve and protect us..."

Bwahahahahaha. First of all, I protect myself, thanks very much.

It's hard for me to see what those who carry government-issued weapons do (whether domestically or abroad) has to do with protecting my person, my rights, or my property. But leaving that aside, and for what it's worth, I wouldn't spend a dime with any establishment that perpetuates this false distinction we are now supposed to recognize, between "those who serve" and us mere "civilians," in their statement-of-purpose.

I think I'll pass on the total state.

Last edited:

Beerme

Banned
"We formed this business to serve those who serve and protect us..."

Bwahahahahaha. First of all, I protect myself, thanks very much.

It's hard for me to see what those who carry government-issued weapons do (whether domestically or abroad) has to do with protecting my person, my rights, or my property. But leaving that aside, and for what it's worth, I wouldn't spend a dime with any establishment that perpetuates this false distinction we are now supposed to recognize, between "those who serve" and us mere "civilians," in their statement-of-purpose.

I think I'll pass on the total state.

yeah **** that noise

Bronson

I should be in P.H. after Christmas, I'll try to stop in and let them know why I'm not spending any money in their store. Maybe I'll even buy something at THS and take it over to On Duty and tell them why I didn't buy it from them.

Where is their store located?

Bronson

Bailenforcer

I am going to call him a LIAR! He implies that too often open carry people just walk in and draw guns pointing them at his employees. This is a clear attempt to smear citizens and promote a title of Nobility towards Government employees in hopes he can curry favor with the oppressive despots in power and line his pockets with tax payer monies. If he doesn't like the taxpayer he shouldn't get any of their money via Law Enforcement sales. All dept's have a spending allowance for gear, and it comes from the Taxpayer he just insulted in that piece of trash he wrote. I wish I lived closer I would picket that sh*t hole and let the community know what he really thinks of them and their constitution.

Here is a letter received from On Duty Gear in Port Huron when I questioned them banning non-LEOs from carrying in their store.

Thank you for your email in reference to your concern for our No Firearms Sign.

We formed this business to serve those who serve and protect us, but we have certainly enjoyed meeting individuals from the private sector and assisting them with finding a quality holster that suits their needs.

Unfortunately, we do not know who has actually been trained with the weapon they carry, or if they are simply carrying "because they can". We have had more than one incident here where "lawfully carrying" individuals have pulled their gun out of their pants/coat or holster and laid it on the counter pointed at my personnel. When a private citizen, exercising their 2nd Amendment freedom, uses bad judgment it also makes all of you look bad. We do not need to see your gun in order to order your holster. Further, if private citizens feel the need to carry their weapon in our store for their protection, we choose our right to refuse service.

While it is unfortunate that we could not come to an amicable solution, I appreciate you contacting us to voice your concern. If you could please pass along to your membership, I would be grateful.

Best Regards,

Paul S. Riddell
President
On Duty Gear, LLC
www.ondutygear.com
888-880-4441 Toll Free
810-966-3445 Direct

Bailenforcer

The address is on the web page that was provided.

http://www.ondutygear.com/

I should be in P.H. after Christmas, I'll try to stop in and let them know why I'm not spending any money in their store. Maybe I'll even buy something at THS and take it over to On Duty and tell them why I didn't buy it from them.

Where is their store located?

Bronson

OSOK

:"When a private citizen, exercising their 2nd Amendment freedom, uses bad judgment it also makes all of you look bad. We do not need to see your gun in order to order your holster. Further, if private citizens feel the need to carry their weapon in our store for their protection, we choose our right to refuse service."

I would be curious if Mr. Riddell would agree with the statement "If one cop violiates my rights it makes all cops look bad." I for one dont think that all cops are bad. just like the rest of society, in an group you have people that make bad decisions. what I find lacking in his response is a statement that he was robbed or assulted by the "private citizens." I have witness police that are "trained " to hand weapons do it in an unsafe manor. The impression that I get when I look at the website is that he is upset that he can no longer be a LEO. Mr. Riddell from my psycological profile is suffering from The Thin Blue Line Syndrome or TBLS. This is a condition when police typically place themself and there co workers above the rest of society. some do it arrogantly and some unknowingly. It is a kind of "us" against the world thing. they say this to each other and begin to beleive it. The sadness lies in the fact that this could be farther from the truth. Us "private citizens" help police solve crimes all the time. Those of us that choose to defend ourselfs need considerably less "protection" than others. WE are probably LEO's best allies,especially when thing get tough. I am also curious how Mr Riddell would feel if businesses stopped serving police unless they leave ther guns outside because a few of them have made some bad decisions. I can only imagine what our country would look like if LEO's and Constitutional law citizens were on the same side. From my perspective let look at it like this. Draw a 1 inch circle and color it black. this represents "bad." Put the thin blue line around it. Then around that a 12 foot circle. This represents us " oc/cc gun nuts ." With this image in your mind I will openly ask any LEO/LEA why try to fight outward?? Why not focus your energy inward??? for those of you that respect us and our constitutional rights be assured that "We Got your back."

:)

scot623

I won't look at my holster and mag pouch the same way ever again. I'm pissed I gave that anti-2A loser my hard earned money. Too bad he doesn't have the stones to post his anti-2A policy on his website.

NHCGRPR45

I am going to call him a LIAR! He implies that too often open carry people just walk in and draw guns pointing them at his employees. This is a clear attempt to smear citizens and promote a title of Nobility towards Government employees in hopes he can curry favor with the oppressive despots in power and line his pockets with tax payer monies. If he doesn't like the taxpayer he shouldn't get any of their money via Law Enforcement sales. All dept's have a spending allowance for gear, and it comes from the Taxpayer he just insulted in that piece of trash he wrote. I wish I lived closer I would picket that sh*t hole and let the community know what he really thinks of them and their constitution.

he wasn't just insulting OC'ers but ALL LAWFULL GUN OWNERS!:mad:

Superlite27

I won't look at my holster and mag pouch the same way ever again. I'm pissed I gave that anti-2A loser my hard earned money. Too bad he doesn't have the stones to post his anti-2A policy on his website.

You could always take them back in and ask him about his return policy.

After all, since he believes we civilian gun owers are so inept, I'm sure he'd be happy if all the civilians who have ever bought anything from him simply got their money back instead of inexpertly using his goods, right?

JamesIan

I'd send him an email explaining that you'll be using a printout of his prices to haggle a better deal elsewhere. Also, remind him that he should veil his contempt for the unwashed masses better.