• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Perfect example of biased reporting

hgreen

This reporter who admitted to me that she had an anti-gun bias before writing the article still breached the journalistic standards of not having a conflict of interest with the subject she was reporting on. She also did not attend the events she was reporting so going based purely on hearsay from the brady campaign about what happened.

On a piece supposedly about open carry, its amazing how 90% of the quotes come from the brady campaign...

You can see a copy of the email interactions with this reporter to see how ignorant her questions were and yet still did not print the correct information about the event.
http://lists.southbayopencarry.org/...-southbayopencarry.org/2011-March/000869.html

Here is the article for your entertainment:
http://manhattanbeach.patch.com/articles/south-bay-open-carry-in-manhattan-beach

Born2Lose

I like this reply by "Catch a Wave"
http://manhattanbeach.patch.com/articles/south-bay-open-carry-in-manhattan-beach#comment_347280
Catch A Wave
12:04pm on Sunday, March 6, 2011
Peter the truth hurts doesn't it? Do you dispute that the hate groups I mentioned are among the most dedicated advocates of firearm ownership in this country? In my opinion, one can tell a great deal about someone by the company they keep. As a Jew I would think about that. I can't conceive of a circumstance where one would find common ground with the Nazis. I wouldn't.

When it comes to gun advocacy, you are in the same pot. Own it.

Really? I seem to remember a guy named Hitler who advocated gun control.

Ca Patriot

I found it odd they mentioned where the open carrier worked but not the Brady peoples place of employment.

Palecon

...we are freeing men from the responsiblities of freedom, which only a few men can bare.

Der Fuhrer Adolph Hitler

We cant be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans...that we are unable to think about reality

Der President Bill Clinton

From sheriff Mack's book: From my cold dead fingers. A book we should all read.

Last edited:

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I found it odd they mentioned where the open carrier worked but not the Brady peoples place of employment.

It's not odd. It's a character reference, one Harley made on purpose I'm sure :)

But I'd also concede (based on her email) that it could also be an attempt to make things uncomfortable for him at his place of employment.

Ca Patriot

It's not odd. It's a character reference, one Harley made on purpose I'm sure :)

But I'd also concede (based on her email) that it could also be an attempt to make things uncomfortable for him at his place of employment.

My first thought was that it was attempt to get him in trouble with his employer.

As a reporter I would say you shouldnt print the employment unless its for both sides of the argument.

Does anyone know what the Brady ladys from Manhattan do for work ? I am guessing they are filthy rich