• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

George Zimmerman

oldbanger

WTF?

A gun-shop owner said Zimmerman came in weeks after the Feb. 26 shooting and said "his life was in danger and he needs more guns."

He got at least one more: The day of his arrest April 11, FDLE agents found in his rental car a "cop killer"[sic] handgun, a Belgian-made semiautomatic pistol, capable of firing bullets at such high velocity that they can pierce body armor. He also had three magazines of ammunition.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-12/news/os-george-zimmerman-evidence-release-20120712_1_trayvon-martin-neighborhood-watch-volunteer-george-zimmerman

nobama

"cop killer " BS!!! I guess it takes a different kind of bullet to kill a LEO? Pure BS!!! I love the left media.

Dreamer

I'm assuming they are talking about the FN Five-Seven, a fine firearm owned by several members of this forum.

The FN Five-Seven has NEVER been used by a criminal to kill a LEO in the USA. Ever. And the ammo sold for this gun on the civilian market has been proven by the BATFE to NOT be capable of compromising Level IIA body armor (which is what most cops wear).

The Brady campaign lies, lies, lies. And the media just lap it up, like a dog eating puke.

Whatever happened to "fact checkers" in the media?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven

merc460

I'm assuming they are talking about the FN Five-Seven, a fine firearm owned by several members of this forum.

The FN Five-Seven has NEVER been used by a criminal to kill a LEO in the USA. Ever. And the ammo sold for this gun on the civilian market has been proven by the BATFE to NOT be capable of compromising Level IIA body armor (which is what most cops wear).

The Brady campaign lies, lies, lies. And the media just lap it up, like a dog eating puke.

Successfully kill or just maim?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Hood_shooting

Cool handgun, I would love to own it and the P90. :)

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran

Yep. Once they committed to nailing Zimmerman, however, they can't back down. Wouldn't "save face."

Since when did we stop acting like Americans, anyway? An American has no problem saying, "My bad" and moving on with life.

We-the-People

I would assume the FN as well. Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FN) out of Belgium produces the FN 5.7. Which I can personally attest comes from the factory with three magazines. Apparently George Z is like me and keeps them all loaded. And the weapon is capable of propelling a projectile so fast that it will penetrate body armor.....if it's an armor piercing round which is not available for civillian sale in this country. The cartridge is a rifle cartridge (for the PS90 SBR) called the 5.7x28, hence the name of the pistol, however it is a caliber .224 projectile (same as an AR15) with a shorter, narrower case and lighter bullet than the AR15.

The ammo that is available is the FN sporting round which is a polymer tipped Hornady (V-Max) hollow point that leaves the 4.5 inch barrel at 1750 FPS (per factory) and drops something in the neighborhood of 3.5 to 5 inches at 100 yards. Also available through a specialty ammunition manufacturer are other rounds which are much more effective for self defense that the sporting rounds and a "lead free" round produced on contract for FN.

It's a sweet weapon with 20+1 capacity, nearly zero felt recoil, and due to firing a rifle cartrige has a large muzzle flash and report. It's also super light, even when fully loaded and the safety is located at your extended trigger finger, above the trigger....right where your finger should be when clearing the holster.

As for "cop killer".....Hassan tried in Fort Hood but I'm not aware of any. At a grand, it's not something a hood is going to have unless it's hot and there just aren't that many in civillian hands yet.