• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 Year old boy pepper-sprayed. LOL!

Gunslinger

I read nothing about him being mentally ill. He was an 8 year old boy who grabbed a sharp piece of wood, and actually tried to kill a police officer with. A weapon is a weapon, a death threat is a threat threat. Use of pepper spray was justified, no doubt about it, he admitted on the news that he wanted to kill the cops, that's enough for me.

Me too. They should have opened fire on him with M-4s. Afterall, a 'special needs, ' which is clearly stated in the news article, 8 year old with a stick is a real danger to the heroic defenders who protect us all. These hero cops should have taken a lesson from the other heroes of the fbi. They have a lot of experience in burning women and children alive. Waco should be sop for cops faced with out of control 8 year olds. Or women carrying a baby in front of their homes. Or 17 year olds with their back turned to a BATF hero. We are blessed with many heroes to "protect and serve."

Last edited:

MikeTheGreek

Me too. They should have opened fire on him with M-4s. Afterall, a 'special needs, ' which is clearly stated in the news article, 8 year old with a stick is a real danger to the heroic defenders who protect us all. These hero cops should have taken a lesson from the other heroes of the fbi. They have a lot of experience in burning women and children alive. Waco should be sop for cops faced with out of control 8 year olds. Or women carrying a baby in front of their homes. Or 17 year olds with their back turned to a BATF hero. We are blessed with many heroes to "protect and serve."

Special needs refers to children with learning disabilities or handicaps, all the articles say is "The mother said her son was in a special program for children with behavioural problems."

Just another kid with anger/behavior issues, they shouldn't be in "special classes" and treated like its a disability, they should get their asses beat by the parents. Although, the mom apparently has her own anger issues, so i'm not surprised.

x3atthis

Special needs refers to children with learning disabilities or handicaps, all the articles say is "The mother said her son was in a special program for children with behavioural problems."

Just another kid with anger/behavior issues, they shouldn't be in "special classes" and treated like its a disability, they should get their asses beat by the parents. Although, the mom apparently has her own anger issues, so i'm not surprised.

"This programming is for students who may have a significant identifiable emotional disorder that affects their ability to function within a general school environment or access the general curriculum and whose academic achievement is hindered by pervasive behavioral or emotional problems. Social/emotional services are offered in a continuum of environments ranging from full access to the general education classroom to a self contained class; placement is based upon individual student need as determined by the student’s IEP. "

http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/programs/special_ed.html

Note the phrase, "identifiable emotional disorder."

IEP students cost districts large sums of money for these special services, and oftentimes parents whose children need them have to fight to have their IEPs followed. The school would not be placing this boy in a special classroom, which necessitates an individual trained to teach these special students, if he did not have a disorder.

Gunslinger

Where did you read the article? Fox said "special needs" this morning when I first read it. I'm not defending the mother, and not saying the child's action should be "oh, the poor little thing..." But the cops overreacted yet again. The fact he was 8 probably saved his life.

Sorry, see it was Yahoo. Differs from FOX report.

Last edited:

MikeTheGreek

Where did you read the article? Fox said "special needs" this morning when I first read it. I'm not defending the mother, and not saying the child's action should be "oh, the poor little thing..." But the cops overreacted yet again. The fact he was 8 probably saved his life.

Not sure about fox, I read multiple articles, including the one I linked on this thread, all it said was he was in a class for bad behavior, didn't see anything about him having special needs. Watched a few interviews too, seemed like a normal kid, who just has behavior issues. His exact words were "I deserved it" right after admitting he did actually mean it when he said "I'm going to kill you motherf*ckers"

that's one messed up kid.

2a4all

What ever happened to just taking the damn stick away from the kid ? how much can getting whacked by a stick of wood trim hurt when it is swung by an 8 year old ? I mean Jesus Christ people think this thru !!!! have the police been pepper spraying bad kids for a hundred years? NO ! they walk up and take the damn stick away grab the kid and haul his butt off to his father or mother for whatever punishment they deem necessary.

It isn't rocket science, if your so damn scared of the damage a 8 YEAR OLD can do with a piece of wood trim then you should probably never leave your house!

was the kid in the wrong ? YES
should he have been pepper sprayed ? NO
should his parent whip his butt ? YES
+1000

Two full-sized adult cops couldn't take this kid's stick away without using this sort of tactic? What the hell is wrong with this picture?

HandyHamlet

I think the Cops were playing it safe. You just never know when that 8 year old kid turns out to be a Ninja in disguise.

p.s. Takes a big man to make fun of 8 year olds.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

The only thing the cops did wrong was not arrest the "mother" of his for neglect. No child should have behavioral problems like that. The kid is allowed to entertain the idea that it's the teacher's fault for not letting him do something he wanted to do? If this little sociopath is mentally ill, it's the fault of his "parents". I noticed we haven't seen the father either. Wonder when the last time the brat saw him too.

Of course with the quality of that "woman", it's no wonder dad's MIA.

x3atthis

The only thing the cops did wrong was not arrest the "mother" of his for neglect. No child should have behavioral problems like that. The kid is allowed to entertain the idea that it's the teacher's fault for not letting him do something he wanted to do? If this little sociopath is mentally ill, it's the fault of his "parents". I noticed we haven't seen the father either. Wonder when the last time the brat saw him too.

Of course with the quality of that "woman", it's no wonder dad's MIA.

So anti-social personality disorder is environmental now, huh? You should let the medical community in on that pearl of wisdom, they've been trying to find to figure that one out for years.

Claytron

I read nothing about him being mentally ill. He was an 8 year old boy who grabbed a sharp piece of wood, and actually tried to kill a police officer with. A weapon is a weapon, a death threat is a threat threat. Use of pepper spray was justified, no doubt about it, he admitted on the news that he wanted to kill the cops, that's enough for me.

And of course, wanting to kill a police officer with a sharp piece of wood is completely sane and understandable so obviously the boy is of sound mind.

MikeTheGreek

And of course, wanting to kill a police officer with a sharp piece of wood is completely sane and understandable so obviously the boy is of sound mind.

So...by your reasoning, everybody who commits murder or assault with a weapon, is mentally ill? Some people are just dumb asses who need to get their **** set straight, like this kid. His dad is probably out of the picture, his mom has anger issues. I doubt he was raised right, which is probably most of the issue, nobody has ever told him that violence or being a dick to people is wrong.

Bad behavior and violent tendencies is definitely not an automatic "Oh, he must be mentally ill"

HandyHamlet

Can't find anyone your own size to pick on?

Or has an 8 year old stole your last piece of pizza or stomped your roses... Big man huh?

Last edited:

rotorhead

Really?

8 years old.

Some in this thread advocate the use of potentially lethal force. Outstanding. The actual potential for lethality of tasers on kids can be debated, sure. But an 8 year old kid?

Mike, your talking as if the kid was 28 instead of 8. A death threat, while certainly to be taken seriously from anyone, is simply not based on the same factors of a mind that young as it would be from an adult. You're acting like he seriously has the mental capacity to understand everything he's saying completely. Come on, drop the BS and let's talk about reality.

I have no way of knowing whether or not the kid is mentally ill, or to what extent. I don't think anyone here does, but if we can't see that there's something wrong here above the normal amount of rage going on for an 8 year old, then we have to wonder about our powers of perception. It may very well be that some old fashioned woodshed corrective training is in order, but we don't know that.

Of course there's something wrong with him! To what extent I'm sure they will announce in the coming days, but to treat him as if he's just another criminal raised on the screets that has been gang-banging for 20 years is beyond the realm of rational thought.

Now, how to deal with the immediate threat when confronted? well, I would hope with the minimal amount of force needed to stop the threat. If two cops can't figure out how to subdue an 8 year old without using tasers, I'd suggest that a comprehensive look at their training program would be in order.

How many times has any of us had to use a taser on our own kids at home when they were acting stupid? Personally, if I saw a cop use a taser on my 8 year old kid I'd be after his ass like white on rice.

Think about it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
...to treat him as if he's just another criminal raised on the screets that has been gang-banging for 20 years is beyond the realm of rational thought.

Nonsense. Police are thoroughly trained to treat everyone as if they are a criminal raised on the streets who has been gang-banging for 20 years.

Win.

MikeTheGreek

Really?

Mike, your talking as if the kid was 28 instead of 8. A death threat, while certainly to be taken seriously from anyone, is simply not based on the same factors of a mind that young as it would be from an adult. You're acting like he seriously has the mental capacity to understand everything he's saying completely. Come on, drop the BS and let's talk about reality.

Reality is, there was a angry child with a sharp object, in a room full of other 8 year olds, who threatened to kill police officers, and one article (Can't remember which one, sorry) Said he even threatened other children with it. When a kid says "I'll kill all you motherf*ckers, anybody who comes in here is going to die" I tend to think that's a serious threat, maybe not even to the older, and much bigger police officers, but the children that are also in the room, that have no ways of defending themselves.

Maybe my "taze the little kid" comment was out of line, maybe, but the pepper spray was definitely perfectly acceptable, and it's well within acceptable force to keep the other children safe.

JoeSparky

Centurion
+1000

Two full-sized adult cops couldn't take this kid's stick away without using this sort of tactic? What the hell is wrong with this picture?

lets me see if this works....

Two big strong cops ATTEMPT to remove the stick from the unstable 8 year old who is threatening them. As the Cops approach the kid lunges and with a lucky POKE catches and removes an EYE FROM ONE OF THE COPS. Not an appropriate outcome

Maybe, use the TOOLS you have available to control the situation and minimize the POTENTIAL injury to all involved. I am all for using the pepper spray, THEN TASER, then potentially lethal force if the specific situation justifies it (not saying the Lethal force would be justified in this specific situation). But 8 year old with stick (no info given on the size or nature of the stick that I have seen) Cop or two with pepper spray, tasers, and handguns.... Yep, use pepper spray if needed then up to taser if pepper spray doesn't distract the miscreant enough to allow disarmament.

MikeTheGreek

lets me see if this works....

Two big strong cops ATTEMPT to remove the stick from the unstable 8 year old who is threatening them. As the Cops approach the kid lunges and with a lucky POKE catches and removes an EYE FROM ONE OF THE COPS. Not an appropriate outcome

Maybe, use the TOOLS you have available to control the situation and minimize the POTENTIAL injury to all involved. I am all for using the pepper spray, THEN TASER, then potentially lethal force if the specific situation justifies it (not saying the Lethal force would be justified in this specific situation). But 8 year old with stick (no info given on the size or nature of the stick that I have seen) Cop or two with pepper spray, tasers, and handguns.... Yep, use pepper spray if needed then up to taser if pepper spray doesn't distract the miscreant enough to allow disarmament.

+10

Finally somebody with common sense. An 8 year old with a serious goal to use a sharp object to try and take somebody's life, is still more than dangerous enough to pepper spray.

Guido

It must be terrible to go thru life scared by all the "What if...." scenario's that exist today.

If you think about it "What if...." scenario's are the justification that police use to disarm or otherwise abuse OC'ers in a large portion of reported cases.

and if we let them get away with doing it to 8 year olds then how can we object when it is done to us?

I cant speak for anyone but me,however I myself will volunteer to take on the dangerous job of taking sticks away from 8 year olds so that they don't need to be pepper sprayed or tazed or even shot.

Have a Great Night everybody! :)

MikeTheGreek

It must be terrible to go thru life scared by all the "What if...." scenario's that exist today.

If you think about it "What if...." scenario's are the justification that police use to disarm or otherwise abuse OC'ers in a large portion of reported cases.

and if we let them get away with doing it to 8 year olds then how can we object when it is done to us?

I cant speak for anyone but me,however I myself will volunteer to take on the dangerous job of taking sticks away from 8 year olds so that they don't need to be pepper sprayed or tazed or even shot.

Have a Great Night everybody! :)

It has nothing to do with OC'ers. OC'ers don't wave around weapons and say they want are you to kill the police officers, and everybody else in the room. If they did, CERTAINLY, disarm them.

Nobody is going to approach a child, or grown up, with a sharp weapon, tho is threatening to use lethal force on YOU. Any cop would have done the same thing, and so would I. A lot of people may not agree with it, but if they were in the situation, that day, looking at a child who was unstable, and was threatning to end your life, and the lives of other innocent children, the same thing would happen.