• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is one of the best!

wild boar

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910. God bless America

Lurchiron

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910. God bless America

Here, here; Teddy was a complex man. I don't adhere to his progressive policies, but respect what he did for the Natn'l Park system.

That, and the BIG stick quote; timeless...

View attachment 6208

cleveland

That's the quote I use on my linkedIn page.

He is FULL of great quotes, but I do agree that his progressive policies were not my favorite. Same thing with Ronnie... yea, I said it!

cleveland

I'm not "dissing" him, he was my favorite president to date. My point is that no president will ever be perfect.

Lurchiron

I'm not "dissing" him, he was my favorite president to date. My point is that no president will ever be perfect.

Sorry...I guess the context cornfused me.

I like Ike, his warning on the military & industrial complex is coming WAY too true.
Citizens; and only citizens should control in which direction this Republic sways.
Less Gov; = more money in my pocket...the way it should be!!!

View attachment 6212 :shocker:

Last edited: