• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed guard that looks like "SWAT" at Liljenquist Jewelers at Fair Oaks Mall

CHILINVLN

Armed guard that looks like "SWAT" at Liljenquist Jewelers at Fair Oaks Mall

Liljenquist & Beckstead Fine Jewelers has an armed security guard standing at the entrance the other night that I noticed when my wife and I were walking through the mall. This guy was in full military gear, completely black, looked like he was SWAT and watching the customers inside the store.

I wanted to go inside and look at something, I laughed and kept walking. It really did look ridiculous and I would assume VERY intimating and over the top for customers. Has anyone else passed through the mall and noticed this?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I work downstairs, but I go up there and look at watches sometimes. I may have to go check that out!

I double dog dare you, to....

Fill a duffel bag with something heavy.

Ask the Guard to hold it.

Then, Run Like Hell.:lol::lol:

hunter45

I'm a loss prevention detective at a store in the mall. I just saw him last night as I was walking through the mall during my break.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

PaulX608

I double dog dare you, to....

Fill a duffel bag with something heavy.

Ask the Guard to hold it.

Then, Run Like Hell.:lol::lol:

That does sound funny, but it involves two things I'd rather not do.

1)Carry something heavy halfway across the mall.

2)Try to run in that place this time of year. Hard enough to get in and out to go to work!

nuc65

Activist Member
That does sound funny, but it involves two things I'd rather not do.

1)Carry something heavy halfway across the mall.

2)Try to run in that place this time of year. Hard enough to get in and out to go to work!

Nothing like the militarization of the police forces, for your own good, to better protect and serve... oh wait stike the protect.... oh wait maybe it's for the good of the children...

rscottie

Seems you have found an example of the infamous Mall Ninja!

The Mall Ninja is a fine example of exuhuberant preparedness that is ever waiting on the opportunity to use his latest "toy".

He has read every self-defense manual, watched every teen-aged mutant ninja turtle episode, and purchased every item he could squeeze on to his fully loaded duty belt. Most do not carry a firearm as they say they do not feel the NEED to because they have a tazer, pepper spray, and, if it does require fighting, God Forbid, they have a slapjack and Mag Light.

They are basically harmless, to criminals that is. But, if they are in pursuit of a perp, be prepared for massive pepper spray releases that gets everyone but the target.

paramedic70002

He's wearing what his employer gave him to wear. Of course he may have chosen that job based on their uniform.

Was the uniform marked in anyway? VA DCJS requires all SOs to wear a nametag and i think their agency patch.

PD SWAT ... Personal Defense Security Weapons And Tactics?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just waiting for the haters.... "mall ninja!"

I saw in a video once about in CA I think it is, the strip malls they have guards like that in jewelry shops.

P.S I like the outfit :p
(ready for flamers) lol
There's a difference between ridicule and hate. He flat looks silly.

BTW, I have that vest too. I used to wear it as a photo vest until another photog asked Grapeshot and I what milita we were in
I wear it on the tractor when I want to scare the crows now.:D