• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is oc legal at pierce county fair grounds

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I spent a few hours at the Thurston County fair with little issue, I even talked shop with a couple of Thurston SWAT guys. for about 20 minutes.

1911er

Pierce County Fair

Spent about 6 hours wandering around the fair on sat. talked to two PCSD deputies and nothing was said except one of them mentioned the signs they have posted which say no weapons but when I mentioned State Preemption they kinda of him hawed and said they had to go make another lap , I told them I would talk to them next time around and they didnt come back. All in all not A bad day.

tombrewster421

Spent about 6 hours wandering around the fair on sat. talked to two PCSD deputies and nothing was said except one of them mentioned the signs they have posted which say no weapons but when I mentioned State Preemption they kinda of him hawed and said they had to go make another lap , I told them I would talk to them next time around and they didnt come back. All in all not A bad day.

Every time I hear of someone talking with PCSO'S they continue to demonstrate their anti attitudes. Where's the puking emoticon?

amlevin

talked to two PCSD deputies and nothing was said except one of them mentioned the signs they have posted which say no weapons but when I mentioned State Preemption they kinda of him hawed and said they had to go make another lap ,

Did you approach them or did they approach you?

As for the signs, I'm sure one of their "propeller heads" said "Just leave the signs up. We know we can't enforce them but it will at least scare off those that don't know the law".