• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Madison Anti-Firearm Editorial

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The anti's know that open and concealed carry is coming to Wisconsin. The focus of their efforts is to stop Constitutional Carry by having the enabling legislation sink under restrictions and requirements. Its the ol' "commonsense regulation" ploy being used by the Joyce Foundation front organizations such as the goulish WAVE.

Here's a wa..wa...wail...wail "can't we all get along" article in the Madison paper written someone who name drops "NRA" but does not understand or appreciates what the real issue is.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/op...cle_14c60590-0e54-11e0-93d1-001cc4c03286.html

Inform him.

Last edited:

Beretta-m9

I fail to see where this article comes across as anti-gun. care to elaborate ?

oak1971

Or this....

"The NRA fails to listen to reasonable arguments that we do not need assault type weapons to hunt, let alone protect our homes."

XDFDE45

The "reasonable compromise" they speak of is nothing more than the usual death by a thousand cuts. Training fees, permit fees (if CC is what is passed), additional background check fees and so on. They figure if they can make it so ungodly expenssive and 25 hoops to jump through at each stage no one would want to get a permit for conceal carry. Don't forget that their "reasonable" solution to the school shootings was the GFSZ which makes a lawful person a felon for carrying a gun within 1000 ft. of a school.

CONSTITUTION CARRY! NO COMPROMISE!

Last edited:

protias

The "reasonable compromise" they speak of is nothing more than the usual death by a thousand cuts. Training fees, permit fees (if CC is what is passed), additional background check fees and so on. They figure if they can make it so ungodly expenssive and 25 hoops to jump through at each stage no one would want to get a permit for conceal carry. Don't forget that their "reasonable" solution to the school shootings was the GFSZ which makes a lawful person a felon for carrying a gun within 1000 ft. of a school.

CONSTITUTION CARRY! NO COMPROMISE!
Not to mention getting finger printed like a criminal!

Beretta-m9

ok, I need to stop speed reading and actually do some reading, all good points, thanks guys.

XDFDE45

ok, I need to stop speed reading and actually do some reading, all good points, thanks guys.

I used to do the same thing when reading stuff like this. It was usually the same old tired mind numbing drivel but they have a way of twisting something or omittting just a small little detail to make it sound less ominus. Like the saying goes, the devil is in the details.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
This piece is an example of the PR campaign that will be used against us. Examples of magic words (say them and poof... the evil guns will go away) used by antis in the article and in the author's comments:

"reasonable compromise"
"I am a hunter (in this case a bow hunter)."
"My son (father, mother, brother, sister, daughter, everyone else in my family, etc) uses (owns) a gun to hunt (never for self defense)."
"We do not need assault.. weapons."
"work with the ATF to keep guns out of criminal’s hands"
"irresponsible gun dealers with suspended licenses are able to reopen the same business under a spouse's (another family member, friend, employee) name"
"horrific violence in Mexico and along our border that is being fueled (no, not caused) by gun dealers in the United States"

btw: The "editorial" starts out by the author insinuating he is a member of the IRA "A fundraiser for the NRA called me the other day..." but doesn't say he is, which I sure he would have mentioned if he was.

Barrett's liason to billionare Bloomberg's Mayors Against Guns, when testifying in favor of firearm control legislation, always starts out "I am a member of the NRA."

Although I, a Life Benefactor NRA member, didn't get the call, I will send in a donation in his behalf.

Here is link the NRA provides from its site:

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba735

Notice that the Mexico gun problem has been grabbed by the anti's as a reason for Americans to relinquish their Constitutional rights.

Last edited: