• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member,need a little help.

Wolf1477

Congrats on making a choice on your carry firearm, sounds like it's something you'll enjoy. As for holsters go ahead and visit us over at www.taurusarmed.net. There's a subforum for the 24/7 and a stickied thread on holsters for 'em if I remember correctly.

Outdoorsman1

You guys are awsum! After all the input I decided on the 24/7 pro C. This guns a real treat to shoot and the price wasn't all that bad either. 13+1 and another 17 rounder really make the differance! Tons-o-fun and reletively cheap to boot. Having a lil trouble making it fit tho, IWB is out of the question as this is a thicker firearm. Anybody have any input on where I could find a good form fitted holster for this bad boy? I figure once I get my permit I'll be mainly OC'n and coverin up on good days, but I've looked everywhere and it's been a real PITA trying to find one...any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys! And once again, thx for all the input!

Any major sporting goods store (Gander Mountain, Cabella's, etc., or a local firearms dealer should have a nice selection of holsters. Or you could shop online. Or here is a option to purchase from a few members that make holsters...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?91916-FREE-Cleveland-s-Ugly-holser-*Non-raffle*

Outdoosman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Howdy Amigo!
I ain't sure of the astrological implications of me (a Leo) owning a Taurus, but I surely do love my Judge. I run both .410 and 45 long Colt through that revolver and enjoy shooting the gun. However, due to it having a large size, I don't see it as a carry weapon, unless I choose to carry it openly. Concealment would be an issue with that particular pistol.

Like so many others in this thread, I have a Springfield Armory pistol for conceal, but don't have a permit yet. On my list of things to do. So I open carry my XDm .40 everywhere I go in Colorado. It is a terrific weapon and fun to fire at the range. Being a compact, it is a good gun for conceal carry. I also have a full size Ruger P94, and it is a great gun too. The accuracy at 5 yards and 7 yards is hard to beat.

But when it comes to a carry weapon, my choice is the SA XDm .40 and what I wear every day.

I'm pretty impressed with the Beretta Px4 Storm subcompact I bought for my wife, and it is a great gun too.

Somebody suggested going to a range where they have a variety of pistols to rent and try different guns to see what works best for you. However, the Taurus is a great gun and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Good luck on your decision,
Happy shooting.
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

I open carry my Taurus Judge W/6.5" barrel on special occasions such as a OC meet and greet for something to celebrate, my daily oc sidearm is my XD-40 W/ 4" barrel....

Outdoorsman1

IcrewUH60

Any major sporting goods store (Gander Mountain, Cabella's, etc., or a local firearms dealer should have a nice selection of holsters. Or you could shop online. Or here is a option to purchase from a few members that make holsters...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?91916-FREE-Cleveland-s-Ugly-holser-*Non-raffle*

Outdoosman1

yeah, definately check out http://clevelandsholsters.com/ (or hit up cleveland on this forum) and ask for the "Mr. Bender Email" discount :lol: he'll treat ya fair.