• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: WDFW Seized Firearm Auction!

FMJ 911

http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/auction.html

March 10th Packwood, WA. Preview begins @ 8:00 AM, and the auction begins @ 10:55 AM.

I was thinking about attending since I need to look for a cheap "Shooter" gun. If anything it would be interesting to take a look around and see what's up for auction.

Is anyone thinking about going?

P.S. I know it's sorta "Off-Topic", and it doesn't really represent the whole OC thing, but it's a Firearm auction! We all carry guns! Guns & OC go hand-in-hand!

END_THE_FED

http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/auction.html

March 10th Packwood, WA. Preview begins @ 8:00 AM, and the auction begins @ 10:55 AM.

I was thinking about attending since I need to look for a cheap "Shooter" gun. If anything it would be interesting to take a look around and see what's up for auction.

Is anyone thinking about going?

P.S. I know it's sorta "Off-Topic", and it doesn't really represent the whole OC thing, but it's a Firearm auction! We all carry guns! Guns & OC go hand-in-hand!

Go bid on stolen guns? No, thanks.

1245A Defender

well,,,

they call it an auction, but I dont!
see the supposed bids,,, pretty high concidering how much time there is to go...
these are fake bids, they dont realy reflect true offers,, 110 bucks for a highpoint?
these guns are mostly poor quality, in bad shape, missing mags, taped stocks, missing the bolt of a rifle that is BID at 200 bucks?

amlevin

they call it an auction, but I dont!
see the supposed bids,,, pretty high concidering how much time there is to go...
these are fake bids, they dont realy reflect true offers,, 110 bucks for a highpoint?
these guns are mostly poor quality, in bad shape, missing mags, taped stocks, missing the bolt of a rifle that is BID at 200 bucks?

Considering who the DFW seizes these firearms from they're about average. You don't expect poachers to take their best stuff with them do you? Actually, I saw some surprisingly nice rifles in the bunch with some low bids, so far.

Dave_pro2a

Go bid on stolen guns? No, thanks.

I think I get what your saying.

Government seizure = stolen from citizens.

Yeah, I agree. Hold property until the person is released from their sentence (jail, or prison, or probation) and then return property to lawful owner. Thus adhering to that pesky old COTUS that both liberals and conservatives hate so much.

Stretch

I think I get what your saying.

Government seizure = stolen from citizens.

Yeah, I agree. Hold property until the person is released from their sentence (jail, or prison, or probation) and then return property to lawful owner. Thus adhering to that pesky old COTUS that both liberals and conservatives hate so much.

Poachers = stealing from legal hunters.

I say let us legal acquire their lost weapons. I have no sympathies for poachers.

ManInBlack

Poachers = stealing from legal hunters.

I say let us legal acquire their lost weapons. I have no sympathies for poachers.

Not necessarily. In every state I'm aware of, there is a statute on the books declaring that all wild animals belong to the state. "Legal hunters" just agree to pay the state's fee for the privilege of killing the state's animals.

That being said, I have a lot to lose, so I go through the rigamarole of buying licenses, tags, etc. However, if I came upon some guy dressing out a doe without a tag on it, I wouldn't begrudge him for not getting on his knees and paying a tax to kill the king's deer. If it was a 12-point buck, however, maybe things would be different...;)

ManInBlack

Now if they would only seize the cars from DUI repeat offenders.

I know you're on a personal MADD crusade, but do you seriously think it is healthy to expand what government can take from citizens who violate an arbitrarily-set government standard (.08 is a number meaning completely different things for different people)?

p2a1x7

Not necessarily. In every state I'm aware of, there is a statute on the books declaring that all wild animals belong to the state. "Legal hunters" just agree to pay the state's fee for the privilege of killing the state's animals.

That being said, I have a lot to lose, so I go through the rigamarole of buying licenses, tags, etc. However, if I came upon some guy dressing out a doe without a tag on it, I wouldn't begrudge him for not getting on his knees and paying a tax to kill the king's deer. If it was a 12-point buck, however, maybe things would be different...;)

I had a neighbor who I was told was a poacher. We lived in the woods and he was not well off. Killed deer to feed his family (he wasn't exactly making ends meet). I'm not a hunter so I don't really know where I stand on poachers. I do know some are real dicks though.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

I had a neighbor who I was told was a poacher. We lived in the woods and he was not well off. Killed deer to feed his family. I'm not a hunter so I don't really know where I stand on poachers. I do know some are real dicks though.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."
-Gen. 9:3

I would never support unsustainable, wanton killing. On the other hand, if a man kills a member of an overpopulation of whitetails in his backyard, feeds his family with it, and doesn't pay the government for his own hard work, I don't see an actual crime, moral or otherwise.

As far as illegal hunting methods, I'd agree that shooting a deer from the window of a truck isn't sporting nor really even "hunting." However, if the intent is to feed one's family, who am I to judge another man's methods? Cutting off the head of a chicken or cutting a hog's throat aren't sporting activities, either.

Please understand that I'm not talking about drunks taking potshots at random deer from heavily-traveled, paved highways here.

Dave_pro2a

Yes, that is why we threw off the yoke of kings. So people could get arrested for poaching the State's deer, instead of the King's deer.

Now excuse me while I go pay my "reasonable" tax of 30%+

Dave_pro2a

I had a neighbor who I was told was a poacher. We lived in the woods and he was not well off. Killed deer to feed his family (he wasn't exactly making ends meet). I'm not a hunter so I don't really know where I stand on poachers. I do know some are real dicks though.

Well, according to Locke that is his Right. Would you rather him steal from Safeway?