• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC issue at softball game

eamelhorn

I thought I was in for my frist encounter today. Stood in the check out line with a WV State trooper in front of me. When I truned and placed my things on the counter to be scanned, my weapon was on my strong side towards him, we were shoulder to shoulder. Not one word was said, just a nod from him and a thank you from the girl checking me out, well checking out my items I aint been checked out for years,LOL.

I hope when that frist real encounter comes I can do as well as the OP, good job.

Hevymetal

"Response time of 45 minutes"

Another great reason to carry everywhere you go.

this happened yesterday in Detroit, guy got into an accident, called 911 twice then waited for over an hour for police but still got has head knocked in at about 40 minutes when the other drivers friends who time to show up.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...en-after-fender-bender-in-detroit-20120514-ms

the fitting quote:

"There's a reason why people are getting CCW permits and carrying guns and making a wild west out of Detroit. They have to protect themselves. The police will not protect anybody anymore," he told us.

and to you insanebuddy720:

kudos to you sir for handling the situation in a calm, cool, collective manor.

Hevy

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
While listening to the recording, I thought you'd shot at some of the people there... until I realized it was your ring tone lol

Overall good job. Just to let you know, MSP Legal Update #86 did not make OC legal in Michigan, it just clarified their position. I'm sure you knew that, but the way it sounded on the recording may lead people to believe that OC was illegal before the MSP sent that Legal Update out. I would have thought about calling 911 regarding the gentlemen who sounded intoxicated (and the possible LEO impersonator). They did act drunk... in public... in front of the children and the impersonator could have been a child molester with a fake badge designed to get young children to do his bidding. Highly suspicious behavior if you ask me.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I thought I was in for my frist encounter today. Stood in the check out line with a WV State trooper in front of me. When I truned and placed my things on the counter to be scanned, my weapon was on my strong side towards him, we were shoulder to shoulder. Not one word was said, just a nod from him and a thank you from the girl checking me out, well checking out my items I aint been checked out for years,LOL.

I hope when that frist real encounter comes I can do as well as the OP, good job.
For some odd reason, all my encounters with police have been when I was on my way to work, or on my way home from work, so I was wearing my security uniform, so naturally, they never said anything.

So I'm still waiting for my first OC encounter with a LEO. Based on the way they've been trained around here, I'll probably wait a long time, or have to leave the area before it happens. :)

HKcarrier

While listening to the recording, I thought you'd shot at some of the people there... until I realized it was your ring tone lol

I would have thought about calling 911 regarding the gentlemen who sounded intoxicated (and the possible LEO impersonator). They did act drunk... in public... in front of the children and the impersonator could have been a child molester with a fake badge designed to get young children to do his bidding. Highly suspicious behavior if you ask me.

Big 10-4 on that one... those guys sounded VERY intoxicated. If you could tell they were hammered just by the audio... oh, and the fact that they were full of liquid courage... Definately would have been funny to tturn the tables on them. "there's little kids around here".... Yeah, well maybe you shouldn't be sh*tfaced drunk and swearing like a sailor around the little kids either, OR DRIVE THEM HOME....

Last edited:

Tucker6900

and thank you all for ur support on this. this has been my first encounter of this nature. it was nerve racking but i stayed cool calm and collective and i knew i was within all legalities.

I had a similar incident a couple weeks ago while watching my son play T-Ball.

This....."heavy set".....chain smoking woman walked up and asked me if I thought it was safe to carry a gun around all these kids. I laughed and told her it was safer to carry this gun than it is for her to be chain smoking around them. She gave me "the look" and walked away.

Well done sir.

P.S.
How long have you lived in Gobles? I have a friend who grew up there.

Tucker6900

I love ignorant people.

Next time someone asks you if you have a "CCW" tell them "No, thats a felony."

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I love ignorant people.

Next time someone asks you if you have a "CCW" tell them "No, thats a felony."

Big sign at Gander Mountain Kentwood-

'CCW Class'

Employee told me that the instructor wrote that. Ahem- 'alleged' instructor.

Everybody go in and point out that they need a new instructor; this one is obviously a dolt.

NHCGRPR45

I have met drunk guys at wall-mart that called me 4 eyes and that I only carried to keep from getting beat up, and since both statements were true I thanked them and continued shopping. :cool:

NHCGRPR45

Big sign at Gander Mountain Kentwood-

'CCW Class'

Employee told me that the instructor wrote that. Ahem- 'alleged' instructor.

Everybody go in and point out that they need a new instructor; this one is obviously a dolt.

Almost everyone who has taken my class has referred to it as a "CCW" license. I tell them what the 2 terms mean then they know, and IMO a CPL more commonly known as a CCW. Its an advertising thing IMO, to get them "in the door" then re-educate them on the laws and specifics of the Concealed Pistol License. And I believe it is called a CCW in some states and the "news" almost always refers to the CPL as a CCW even after being repeatedly tolld otherwise:mad:.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Almost everyone who has taken my class has referred to it as a "CCW" license. I tell them what the 2 terms mean then they know, and IMO a CPL more commonly known as a CCW. Its an advertising thing IMO, to get them "in the door" then re-educate them on the laws and specifics of the Concealed Pistol License. And I believe it is called a CCW in some states and the "news" almost always refers to the CPL as a CCW even after being repeatedly tolld otherwise:mad:.

Prior to shall issue it was called a Carry Concealed Weapon(s) permit. They were next to impossible to get. Those of us who did get one without any restrictions (there were tons of restrictions for most folks) could carry various weapons not just pistols. New system much better but still needs vast improvements IMHO.

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
Good job OP! You stayed calm and didn't "budge".

Your ring tone made me literally LOL each time it played. Your phone rang at just the perfect time when the ump came up to you.