• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Humorous Encounter Yesterday

sudden valley gunner

Went to get gas at Bakerview AM/PM and on my way in to pre-pay, I held the door open for another female customer to enter in at the same time.

As she passes me she exclaims "OH my God! That's not loaded is it?"

Off the top of my head I said "If someone were to attack you right now it wouldn't do either one of us any good not loaded would it?"

Her breaking into a huge smile, "So you would be my knight in shining armor?"

Me "If that is how you want to view it, I would do what I could to defend you"

Her "Awesome".

I think she may have been flirting after that but I was busy paying, getting gas, and moving on.

amlevin

Went to get gas at Bakerview AM/PM and on my way in to pre-pay, I held the door open for another female customer to enter in at the same time.

Off the top of my head I said "If someone were to attack you right now it wouldn't do either one of us any good not loaded would it?"

Her "Awesome".

I think she may have been flirting after that but I was busy paying, getting gas, and moving on.

"Knight in Shining Armor"? Was she younger than 70?

Tomas

SVG, just off hand, your answer was the perfect one for her, it seems. :lol:

Amazing how quickly that encounter changed from one of her be startled, possibly concerned, to, er, appreciation of you having a loaded weapon.

Nicely turned! :monkey

AFPVet

Her "Awesome".

I have never thought about using OC to pick up chicks before :cool:

BigRed

lol. way to chose your words right. one more person that has probably gotten used to the idea of people carrying guns.

FMCDH

lol. way to chose your words right. one more person that has probably gotten used to the idea of people carrying guns.

Not sure I would go that far based off of one encounter, but her alarm level will probably be less a notch or two next time she has one.

Nice line SVG, you certainly do need to know your audience when giving a reply in awkward situations like that, as I don't think that line would have worked quite so well with a young male. :D Too bad you didn't have an OC flier or card to give her.

sudden valley gunner

Not sure I would go that far based off of one encounter, but her alarm level will probably be less a notch or two next time she has one.

Nice line SVG, you certainly do need to know your audience when giving a reply in awkward situations like that, as I don't think that line would have worked quite so well with a young male. :D Too bad you didn't have an OC flier or card to give her.

I actually didn't find it too awkward it happened too fast to be awkward, I really didn't feel put off by her exclamation and her immediate change in demeanor helped.

Yea knowing audience helps though. When an "older" lady asks about my gun I usually say 'the better question is where is yours.' I have had several then ask how do they go about getting one or a permit....and all the other questions about how can they carry, what type should they get.

For the other comments:

And no she wasn't a cougar :lol:. In her late 20's I'd say. Long dark hair, nice mocha skin, a little too many tats for my taste.:lol:

And no metal I didn't get her number I don't think my wife would appreciate that :p.