• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member Seeking Recommendation for Instructor

toribiaa

Hello all,

I am a new member, although I have been lurking the board for a few months. I am in the process of applying for CT permit and obviously need to take the class. I have read many posts here about misinformed instructors. I want to avoid those and was hoping you can a recommend good, honest, and knowledge instructor within 30 to 40 miles of Hartford. I have read here about the delays in processing of permit applications so I want to get started as soon as possible. Any and all recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

brk913

Check out www.ctpistolpermit.com I have a few seats left for this Saturday and plenty of room for the 31st. You can register right on the site for a class. I do them in Bristol at Wolf's Indoor Range.

@Rich, thanks for the recomendation...

toribiaa

Check out www.ctpistolpermit.com I have a few seats left for this Saturday and plenty of room for the 31st. You can register right on the site for a class. I do them in Bristol at Wolf's Indoor Range.

@Rich, thanks for the recomendation...

Looks like we have a winner. I can't do it this Saturday, but will definitely do the 31st. Will be in touch. Thanks.

brk913

Thank you for being so well informed and standing up for truth, even when it isn't the most popular thing to do.

I just try to lay out the facts, I have gotten them wrong before and I am sure I will again but I try to stay current with what we have to deal with. Both your site and Kix's site are a great help as there is so much confusion over what's going on right now...these rogue towns and background check delays are killing me. Waterbury is absolutley refusing to accept applications without 3 letters, I have advised several student to do the certified mail route but as of yet have not heard if it has been successful there....

dan147

I can recommend ctpistolpermit as well. My wife and I took his class this past weekend and enjoyed it. He is very knowledgeable...

bmmd321

I can recommend ctpistolpermit as well. My wife and I took his class this past weekend and enjoyed it. He is very knowledgeable...

Highly recommend ctpistolpermit. Took my basic pistol course as well as my blue card course. Great instructor very clear. Will be seeing you soon for the blue card re- cert.

brk913

Highly recommend ctpistolpermit. Took my basic pistol course as well as my blue card course. Great instructor very clear. Will be seeing you soon for the blue card re- cert.

I think you're thinking of Rob as I do not do the Blue Card...