• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kid says your a Cop or a Burglar

Motofixxer

I slapped together this little vid of this adorable little boy and his perception of an OC'er having lunch at a Wendy's. It's entertaining at first but also presents the brainwashed image of firearms the media has created.

[video=youtube;6UFIPvJbURA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UFIPvJbURA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

ScottE

lol - not sure what's worse, the audio of the kid or the opening pic of another OC'er using a Serpa. :lol:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

lol - not sure what's worse, the audio of the kid or the opening pic of another OC'er using a Serpa. :lol:

I will remind you,,, my, young, inexperianced, impressionable, new guy..
When you signed on to this forum, you didnt have a gun, training, experiance or knowledge.
Look at your first posts,,, you thought the serpa was a great holster to have.
Then you saw one vidio of a guy that screwed up a quick draw demonstration,,, we have all seen it!
Now you have a gun, 5 to 8 hours of training, from a concealed carry advocate,
and now you know all the answers....

You Know Just About Nothing!!!

AND!!! your post is OFF TOPIC!!!

Jack House

He should have answered the kid's question with a simple: "to protect myself from bad guys"

MKEgal

Amusing in a sad sort of way.
I agree with telling him "to protect myself from bad guys".
And it sounds like either you were having a bad day or you're not used to kids... got frustrated waaaay too fast. :D
Good job trying to reason with him, though. :thumbsup:

Strike

I will remind you,,, my, young, inexperianced, impressionable, new guy..
When you signed on to this forum, you didnt have a gun, training, experiance or knowledge.
Look at your first posts,,, you thought the serpa was a great holster to have.
Then you saw one vidio of a guy that screwed up a quick draw demonstration,,, we have all seen it!
Now you have a gun, 5 to 8 hours of training, from a concealed carry advocate,
and now you know all the answers....

You Know Just About Nothing!!!

AND!!! your post is OFF TOPIC!!!

+1

Sent from my iPhone.

Motofixxer

Millions of people use the Blackhawk Serpas, they are fine if used properly. Is it possible to have an issue...sure it is, as with any holster. They are better than a non retention holster. I personally switched to a Safariland ALS for some of the reasons. But I don't care if people use them, at least they are using something. But I agree this is getting far Off Topic.

Last edited:

ScottE

Millions of people use the Blackhawk Serpas, they are fine if used properly. Is it possible to have an issue...sure it is, as with any holster. They are better than a non retention holster. I personally switched to a Safariland ALS for some of the reasons. But I don't care if people use them, at least they are using something. But I agree this is getting far Off Topic.

There are reasons that many use Serpas.

Congrats on using the Safariland ALS if you're going to OC.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

:lol: Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Wow! Just two months ago, before you even owned a gun, You thought Serpa was the bestest thing ever!

08-17-2012, 11:00 AM #16
ScottE

Cool info. I just bought a Serpa CQC Level 2 matte black holster, along with 1 male and 2 female quick disconnect adapters. For now I plan to use one of them on the holster and one mounted on my lower dash in my truck. Should work slick for drawing and for comfort rather than a holstered gun tied up in my seat belt.

EMNofSeattle

ScottE, I think it's time you learn the first commandment of gun ownership

Thou Shalt not bad mouth thy neighbors carry gun, nor his ammo, nor his holster, nor his method, nor any accessories or (safe) techniques that are thy neighbors.

so if someone here on the forum blows his leg off using a serpa then let him, it's no concern of yours.

Cubex DE

:lol: Please tell me this is sarcasm.

That would be a lie.

so if someone here on the forum blows his leg off using a serpa then let him, it's no concern of yours.

How could that possibly happen? My holster's retention mechanism never contacts the trigger (it locks around the trigger guard), and even if it did, I will never use a handgun that doesn't have a manual safety.

EDIT: I also don't carry with a round in the chamber. So even if I left my safety off, and even if my holster somehow magically pulled the trigger, the hammer would drop and nothing would happen.

Last edited: